Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Koni springs and Koni T/A's

I did a search for suspension and found LOAD and LOADS of stuff about Koni coilovers and T/A shocks..... but very little about the actual Koni kit comprising of Koni 40mm springs and T/A's

I can get this kit with a free bumpstop kit (are all bumpstops the same??) for £375 from Larkspeed

LARKSPEED, KONI PAGE

I have driven kevhaywires setup (H&R springs) and loved it but the chepest i could find that lot was about £500, bit much IMO. This Koni set up seems a good price and Koni are a good make...

just wondered what your thoughts were.

Ta

I did a search for suspension and found LOAD and LOADS of stuff about Koni coilovers and T/A shocks..... but very little about the actual Koni kit comprising of Koni 40mm springs and T/A's

I can get this kit with a free bumpstop kit (are all bumpstops the same??) for £375 from Larkspeed

LARKSPEED, KONI PAGE

I have driven kevhaywires setup (H&R springs) and loved it but the chepest i could find that lot was about £500, bit much IMO. This Koni set up seems a good price and Koni are a good make...

just wondered what your thoughts were.

Ta

Sounds like good value mate. IIRC the koni springs are stiffer than the H&Rs.

Kev

im guessing its that cheap as its a koni package! maybe i could buy this and see what its like and if i dont like it maybe i could try sell the springs separately as second hand items and then buy some H&R's???

Oh, and double check the rears are Top Adjustable as they're usually only adjustable off the car in those kits. The TA rears are quite important as they allow you to adjust the ride height.

K

It does sound a little cheap. Basically they are throwing in the springs for free as £375 would normally buy just a set of 4 Koni Sport yellows! If it were me, I would just buy the dampers seperately and the H&Rs because if you don't like the Koni springs, you'll have the labour involved of stripping it all down again to fit the H&Rs at a later date.......have a scour of the classifieds for Golf VR6 H&R sport springs as they are the same as the Corrado ones.

K

is the rear height adjustment all that important?

Only from an aesthetics point of view. I know that H&Rs normally always give an arse down stance, but the Koni TA rears overcome that with the height adjustment. Same again if you fit springs that make the rear sit too high.

K

i seem to remember somewhere aswell that there are 2 types of vr6 front spring?? pig tail?? does that make any sense to anyone? what type of fitting should i be asking for?

Thanks

You need to find out if the Koni kit is designed for early VRs, or late ones as the srping caps are different. Smaller on late VRs, bigger on early ones.

K

I have this very kit fitted to my C. I like the ride height but as for the springs I've not made up my mind yet cause I'm still playing around with the T/A shockers to get the best ride comfort. Only had them about 3 months. I don't know haw they compare to the H&R springs though. If I'm honest they are probably a little stiff for my liking but maybe ok for someone elses preference but hey it is a sport kit so is going to be stiffer. The rears are height adjustable via a circlip that has 5 settings.

Dave

I'm still playing around with the T/A shockers to get the best ride comfort. Only had them about 3 months

3 months is a long time to still be setting up?? what doesnt feel right?

mind me asking where you got yours and how much you paid?

I ran the car on different settings for two to three weeks at a time. I wouldn't say it doesn't feel right, I'm just taking time to find the best/comfortable setting for me.

£410 from C+R Enterprises in Notts. I also had to buy new front top cups as the springs were a bigger diameter, also from C+R for about £21. This after my local garage had stripped out the old suspension!!!

You are welcome to try out my setup if you feel like a trip up or are in the area.

so i will probably need to buy these top cup things aswell??

£369 is a good price then if you paid £410.

and as i have said before i come from a CRX "bone shaker" so any suspension on the corrado will be softer than that....AND... i drove a C VR6 with this koni set up and 17" and it felt quite nice... so with my 15" is gonna be softer than that!

I think im convincing myself here :lol:

so i will probably need to buy these top cup things aswell??

You won't know for sure until the suspension is apart. Might be handy to have a set of late spring caps on standby.....I think mine (94) had the larger ones....luckily Stealth kept both sizes in stock.

I think im convincing myself here :lol:

Go on....get your wallet out!

K

Go on....get your wallet out!

too late :D its out and the kit is ordered! now i just have to put the wallet away again but......all the recipts :puppydogeyes: