nmahi

PASSAT REAR HANDLES?

Hi guys, just a quick for all them DELOCK LOVERS lol,

can some just be straight with me and tell what i need to do the conversion to my corrado? .....ive read thread after thread.....i know its passat handles .....what year? and what exactly do i need to do.......and yes im having a alarm with central locking.....plus ive always got boot i can climb though lol....

maybe if someone can help me out on this/do it for me..........i can sort out a big discounted rooflining(black)+sunvisor(black)

any offers?

Bob "in bham"

You simply need the rear handles that look identical to the corrado ones but without locks and the mechanisms to go with them. When you swap them make sure you insulate the wires for the CL switches that ran to the old handles.

You simply need the rear handles that look identical to the corrado ones but without locks and the mechanisms to go with them. When you swap them make sure you insulate the wires for the CL switches that ran to the old handles.

cheers, dont understand this bit - When you swap them make sure you insulate the wires for the CL switches that ran to the old handles. :shrug: :scratch:

2 wires run to the locks in the handles, these connect to a switch that activates the C/L when you turn the key (and also the full closure)

You just need to unplug them inside the door or insulate them if they break off the handle (likely) so they don't short and unlock your car when parked up etc

2 wires run to the locks in the handles, these connect to a switch that activates the C/L when you turn the key (and also the full closure)

You just need to unplug them inside the door or insulate them if they break off the handle (likely) so they don't short and unlock your car when parked up etc

so theres not wire to connect to the passat rear handles?....

Just resurrecting this.

Acquired delock Passat door handles. Went to install, handle wont hit the striker. Bought two Passat striker mechs. Still wont hit the striker.

Can anyone help?

its possible a little bit of modification is required. be careful not to snap them!!

the striker catch on the mech will bend slightly to meet your handle stricker. trial/ error/ repeat. just take it easy as they only bend so far

Thanks for the info guys. back to the drawing board. Nothings ever easy on a corrado.

I know how you feel I did the same I got a Passat handle didn't realise I had to change the inside of it to fit the corrado. anyway I did all that and now it snapped but not just one side both sides, I have to climb threw the boot to get the door open.

Hey, did you manage to get this working in the end? I'm having a nightmare with this. I've been looking through forum posts going back 14 years and i'm still confused about what exactly to do.