Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

So VW CAN do retrodesign after all!!

Some may remember the ultra rare SP2, quite a stunningly good looking coupe built by Karmann in Brasil. A few did make it across to Europe, but they are rare, and still gorgeous looking even today:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/vw-sp2-1.jpg

Well, according to a Polish website (and we do have someone who is fluent in Polish on the German Roccoforum, so I trust him ;-) ) VW have got a design for a new SP2, and boy, does that look good, well IMHO at least. I

Looks like the love child of the new dodge challenger and a BMW Z4 ... i like it though 8)

But with a Porsche reviewed R36 under the bonnet - would you mind? :norty:

I like the old one its the muts nuts

Indeed - but an 8psi Rotrex Cayman S might sorely tempt me - for the same price! :norty:

How's your rear strut mate!

Haven't seen you since our exchange at Woolley Services - how are your developments coming on?

Indeed - but an 8psi Rotrex Cayman S might sorely tempt me - for the same price! :norty:

Haven't seen you since our exchange at Woolley Services - how are your developments coming on?

cars running fine mate, still lots of bits and pieces to do when i get round to it but in general its fine. Rear struts on not sure if it make any difference as it was that long since i had driven it anyway but it looks good :wave:

cars running fine mate, still lots of bits and pieces to do when i get round to it but in general its fine. Rear struts on not sure if it make any difference as it was that long since i had driven it anyway but it looks good :wave:[/quote:1j8bon8m]

Touch wood :scratch: mine's running lovely too! Haven't seen you since 263's fitted.

Can't feel a lot of diff since strut too - can't help thinking that it helps the body better deal with the extra loads from aftermarket suspension though.

Been over to Heckmondwike recently for silicone & alu tuby bits [blower re-plumbing] - good supplier there. [bugger - can't remember his name! Senility - catches up wi all of us]

Thats lovely but they'll never make it

What...? Do 0-60 in 4.5?

Where there's a will - there's a way! :norty:

I'll second the Polish translation Eric

Stefan

Some may remember the ultra rare SP2, quite a stunningly good looking coupe built by Karmann in Brasil. A few did make it across to Europe, but they are rare, and still gorgeous looking even today:

http://media.nextautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/vw-sp2-1.jpg

Well, according to a Polish website (and we do have someone who is fluent in Polish on the German Roccoforum, so I trust him ;-) ) VW have got a design for a new SP2, and boy, does that look good, well IMHO at least. I

Looks like the love child of the new dodge challenger and a BMW Z4 ... i like it though 8)

Exactly what I thought :D

If the production version looks anything like that, I'll scoop up all the moss in my garden and eat it.

Jim, gone are the days of Clay modelling and "proto-typing" ask any-one who works in the car industry, more and more computer modelling is done there days... helps reduce delevopment and delivery times...

I'm not a complete prat, mate - I know they'd use computers to do this sort of design. The point I was making was that the computer rendered designs LOOKED like computer rendered designs, and not professional enough (in my opinion) to have come from Volkswagen :)

Now that would be an acceptable replacement for the Raddo, gorgeous :shades:

SP3 is the one for me! :D

Not keen on the dropped door line on the 2 :(

helps reduce delevopment and delivery times...

Yeah, and they still can't get cars out on time and within budget.... Well, Hyundai can't anyway. :lol:

Jim, gone are the days of Clay modelling and "proto-typing" ask any-one who works in the car industry, more and more computer modelling is done there days... helps reduce delevopment and delivery times...

I'm not a complete prat, mate - I know they'd use computers to do this sort of design. The point I was making was that the computer rendered designs LOOKED like computer rendered designs, and not professional enough (in my opinion) to have come from Volkswagen :)

If that was done by an enthusiast then i'm very impressed, that looks like a promo video from a graphic design studio (guessing "img studio" from the opening credits), but i'd have thought that an enthusiast wouldn't make up a fully functioning cad model and render it as well. If you look at it in detail, yes it is rough but it is scaled down to fit on you tube.

The quality of the rendering on the chrome, glass and the paint looks spot on as does the lighting and shadow. If that has been done by an enthusiast i'd imagine he works in a design studio for his day job! and he's spent an awful long time on it!

Who ever did it i really hope its vw cos that would be an amazing coupe, although the back of the sp2 looks tomuch like an amc pacer for my liking this one seems right!

*edit* - it looks like a design students work thinking about it, a bit of digging around and the bloke who owns the clip on you tube also owns that vw tl concept which is labelled torronto design volkswagen at the start, this apears to be a design competition open to students studying auto design for a cash prize. So yes it's taken a lot of work but it it might be a final year piece... all that points to it not being a concept then :(