Sign in to follow this  
Lee1873

9" borbet A question

Hi folks, ive already got 7.5" borbet As on my rado but i have the chance of swapping my rears for the 9" version,

Question is will they fit straight on without arch work? if so what size tyres do people run?

cheers

Lee

In my experience depending on the height of the car, the rears do tend to rub. I've run 215 tyres on the rear with 9inch borbets and needed to get arch work done (folding the arch lips). I have heard of people stretching 205 over the 9 inch wheel but i wouldnt do it personally.

IIRC if you have the standard springs and shock set up on the rear the wheels may not go on or may rub so i put coilovers before using this the wheels.

Its alot of headache but the results do look good.

Hope this helps

I used to run 9" on the rear with 215 tyres, i had coilovers so i just lifted them and had no problems, as majik says they may rub depending on your drop but my god they do look amazing!!! i would definately advise to get the arches rolled so you can keep the car lower

I have 9s on the rear of my corrado. They did rub before i did any work. Just shaving the rear discs down by 3mm each helped loads. My corrado has a 105mm drop though so it depends what drop you want to run with too.

I eventually had the rear arches pulled an inch each side.

062021200820006_edited-1s-1.jpg

062021200820010_edited-1s-1.jpg

inters08027.jpg

inters08082.jpg

iirc the facelift corrados have slighter wider arches front and rear

and the vr6 has a slightly wider rear beam?

yes both of those are correct

I have 9s on the rear of my corrado. They did rub before i did any work. Just shaving the rear discs down by 3mm each helped loads. My corrado has a 105mm drop though so it depends what drop you want to run with too.

I eventually had the rear arches pulled an inch each side.

What ET are your 9s? I defo want to go deep dish, I cant decide over 8 or 9 though. The other thing that bothers me is the limited choice of tyres if you wanna run 205*40. The sidewalls of a 215*40 tyre is a litle too high IMO, 215*35 would be nice, but that would tramline more than 205*40....decisions, decisions!

the 9s are et15. I run avon zz3s in 205/40s-they are spot on! Toyo also do them in that size too, Neither are hugely expensive and both good tyres. :)

the 9s are et15. I run avon zz3s in 205/40s-they are spot on! Toyo also do them in that size too, Neither are hugely expensive and both good tyres. :)

Ah thanks, what Toyo's are 205*40?

oh and go for the 9s! :)

Believe me I want to!!

Ah thanks, what Toyo's are 205*40?

oh and go for the 9s! :)

Believe me I want to!![/quote:20vzxtrn]

I cant remember what toyos they are but they havent been out for long. Hang on, I'll call my tyre place...

The 205/40/16s come in the Toyo PX4 - they have a W pattern.

Wow, that was quick, cheers buddy - I'll do some googling now!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Just noticed you are a laydee so 'buddy' doesn quite cut it does it? Oops, sorry! :wink:

Just noticed you are a laydee so 'buddy' doesn quite cut it does it? Oops, sorry! :wink:

no problem. :D