Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Help me to decide...Alfa 156 / 166 or Golf 4Motion

do it Struan, i have driven about 5 a3 3.2s recently and everyone of them has been a joy to drive, they are also loads cheaper to insure than the less powerfull mk4 r32, i was getting quotes of approx £410 per year F/C for the A3, while the golf's cheapest quote was £680 :shock:

obviously because all the baseball wearing wankers are getting into the golfs :(

Just been offered a 2000 (higher tax exempt) 4Motion - 5 door (which is a must for us), 74k on the clock, FSH, new tyres, springs, shocks, brakes, 12 months MOT, full beige leather, cruise control, 1 owner from new for £2900 - seems like a good buy to me

Have you considered just a 1.8T GTi? I have been looking recently for my mum and there are some really nice low mileage examples around for between 2.5 and 3.5k

Have you considered just a 1.8T GTi? I have been looking recently for my mum and there are some really nice low mileage examples around for between 2.5 and 3.5k

WOW! A speedy mum with technical good taste - quite a rarity! 8)

Oh yes it is in the blood, cars she has owned include a brand new Capri 3.0S with minilites in blood orange :grin: , original mini cooper, TVR Chimaera, 944 S2 Cabriolet. Now she wants a nippy run around :salute:

Oh yes it is in the blood, cars she has owned include a brand new Capri 3.0S with minilites in blood orange :grin: , original mini cooper, TVR Chimaera, 944 S2 Cabriolet. Now she wants a nippy run around :salute:

:lol: What an upbringing you had - all that lovely machinery!

Does yr mum not fancy a VRTC then?

:lol: What an upbringing you had - all that lovely machinery!

Does yr mum not fancy a VRTC then?

No unfortunately she is getting on a little bit. So needs something higher with better visibility. She doesnt like driving my C, maybe a std ride height one would be ok though, you could see France on a good day then LOL

Been trying to find a Polo 1.9GTtdi (like my sister has) but they are a bit more than she wants to spend on a runabout at the moment.

Just been offered a 2000 (higher tax exempt) 4Motion - 5 door (which is a must for us), 74k on the clock, FSH, new tyres, springs, shocks, brakes, 12 months MOT, full beige leather, cruise control, 1 owner from new for £2900 - seems like a good buy to me

Bargain get it bought :)

how much you got to spend?? i actually went to look at this very car last week http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-53-Audi-A3-3 ... 240%3A1318

its 100% legit, i even did an HPI report on it and the guy is open to offers around 6.5k, next year i'm going to get one and then decide where the pagparts manifold will go.

That is damn cheap. Why are these motors going for such low prices? I'm thinking of a four door (so A4 probably) but this looks hugely tempting. Had a search on the Trader and its not an exceptional price, it just seems to be the amount they go for.

Deal now done on the Golf 4Motion at £2900.

74k from new

1 owner

Mint condition beige leather

Cruise control

Upgraded stereo

FVWSH

New tyres, brakes (discs and pads), springs, shocks, ARB bushes this year

12 months MOT

Checked with Glasses Guide (this months) and trade is £2875 so quite happy that I have unearthed a bargain, certainly a fair bit cheaper than most equivalent 4Mo's