Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

wheel bolt sizing

Need some new bolts for my 17" RC's - can anyone confirm the fit and length of bolts needed? Sure I read std bolts can be used - just I don't know what shoulder and length they are. Any help appreciated

Cheers

The bolts will be M14 x 28mm, i cant remember for certain but they should use a taper seat bolt

exactly what Zak said, but if theres a wheelmania by you?? get some bolts from there as when i needed some new ones they only charged me £1.20 per bolt.

Double check the seat on them is the VW radius. Most aftermarket wheels are straight taper however BBS do seem to be radius seat.

Thread length for standard is ~28mm IIRC.

The bolts you linked to are pcd correction wheel bolt aka called wobbly bolts, they will be fine for the application but not neccasary. Regular bolts will be just fine,Ive bought sets from ebay in the past like the ones below and not had any issues

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-X-ALLOY-WHEEL-BOLTS-VW-SEAT-AUDI-SKODA-14X1-5_W0QQitemZ320311427076QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320311427076&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

But recheck that the rc's are a taper seat, being aftermarket wheels they should be.