Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

4Motion bought - update 8th April (P7)

Certainly got some long term plans for this car, first step is to get it in to a more presentable state, a long way from being happy wih its cleanliness but I know exactly what needs doing.

Next step will be new brakes, sports cats and manifold and possibly R32 or H&R antiroll bars.

Longer term is definitely some form of FI, want to see it transformed in to a 300bhp+ sleeper

KipVR - a couple of interior shots as promised. Cleaned the leather with some products from a new supplier LTT, awesome stuff, leather is now lovely and soft. Really pleased with how the old walnut trim has responded to a splash of black paint - much more in keeping with the car.

Its a nice car, best bit is definitely the engine - I can see why there are 24V Corrado conversions - to me that would be pretty much the perfect car.

The 4Mo is great but its not special like a C is special

Andy how did you go about changing the walnut to black ? What paint did you use ? My bro has a mk4 gttdi with the walnut and ive told him many times that it needs to go!

My 4mo is going to HAVE to go in for new suspension now. Mine is still original height after my 18s went on and seeing the way yours looks a bit lower has sealed the deal.

DSC00942.JPG[/attachment:20es8c0i]

I don't mind the walnut so much on the beige trimmed 4 mos. With black seats etc the walnut is like collars not matching cuffs, but at least with the cream trim it is not so bad. Now where's my pipe....

Jon_vr6 - its really easy, rub back a touch, grey primer and satin / gloss black topped off with some lacquer - I do wonder why I spent over £300 on the R32 aluminium trim on the Bora now, should have just sprayed it.

I didn't object to the walnut with the beige trim but think the black looks better

djmac56's colour is Jewish Racing Beige, don't notmally like it but suits the three door shape and the wheels really well

djmac56's colour is Jewish Racing Beige, don't notmally like it but suits the three door shape and the wheels really well

Heheh, Thanks Andy - that's exactly how I described the colour to some mates last night who haven't seen my 4mo yet!!!

I'd always thought of beige as an old mans colour - mainly because my dad's last 4 cars were all beige - but as soon as I got the wheels on I knew I'd pulled it off.

Quick update - fitted the new wheels temporarily whilst I give the originals a quick refurb and slap of dark grey paint, fitted the W8 interior light, Anniversary headlights, Fabia rear wiper, small homage to the Nugget (anyone spot it?) and started to bring the paintwork back (why is Mk4 paint so damned tough) - then went out and got it well and truly dirty :D

.....I didnt follow your Nugget thread Andy but I'm guessing the tribute is the yellow rear badges from what I can see.....looks great on the blue like that ALOT :salute:

I would never choose those wheels in a showroom but fitted they look spot on :D

I've given up cleaning the C over winter, gets dirty in one day :brickwall:

Danny b - the wheels are still growing on me, not the style I usually settle for at all - due to their design they look bigger than 18" but I think theynwork well against the blue bodywork.

Car is totally clayed now, bonnet has been de-swirled and has its first coat of wax on, rest of the bodywork is totally dent free but quite badly swirled so theres a lot of work to do before its to a standard that I'll be happy with

Andy, like the Homage... subtle...

Would have gone "Piano black" on the walnut, or tried a swish of dark laquer over it first?

Wheels are a bit Marmite... but look good...

Danny B - yes, do all claying, paint prep and polishing / sealing / waxing myself - very theraputic

vwdeviant - the interior trim is much better in the plastic - four layers of satiin black, followed by two coats of very subtle metallic black topped off with four coats of lacquer. Wheels are definitely a marmite choice but prefer to do that than play it too safe

Have you named it 'Johnny'?

I'm sure the Mrs would approve... (numberplate reference)

:)

Looks very smart, m8.

When it gets warmer outside Andy I might PM you for some advice with the waxing if you dont mind :D ??.....I know theres thread on it but they always seem to get muddled with opinions and products.

this really makes me want a mk4, one of my mates has one similar colour maybe even same and has just got the same wheels,. always loved em mate!

Thing I love about the MK4 is the interior quality, really feels like a quality product, the looks are subtle but a couple of simple and reversible mods can soon set it apart from others. Did over 400 miles in it yesterday, nearly half where across country and got out feeling totally fresh and ache free.

The V6 burble is addictive is well, especially now the Milltek has settled in, gives a really nice metallic rasp between 3k and 4k.

Small update. Pressed plates, newly created all red rear lights, Hoefle front air vents, colour coded front valence, Oettinger rear valence and refurbished wheels now on.

Any piece of interior trim that was scuffed / marked has now been replaced with new items, last thing to fit are the carbon wrapped SWG door mirrors - quite pleased how its evolving - and everything can be put back to standard very eaily

Also in need of a good machine polish - started today and got a significant improvement, hopefully finish it off over the weekend