Sign in to follow this  
9olo

engine starts then stalls after 2 seconds??

My VR6 has developed a problem, at first it would do it now and then, now it seems to happen pretty much every time.

the problem is when i start the car it stalls after 2 seconds, seems like the fuel pump is cutting off?? my car is a late [N '96 registered] car. So am i'm i right in thinking this is could be the factory immobiliser?? I've tried the spare key and the same thing happens. also i've noticed that if i turn the ign on and wait a few seconds before turning the engine over it starts and stays running, but again not always.....

once the engine has started it doesn't cut out.

help.

Myn use to do this but only after a drive, in other words when the engine was warm trying to restart after I had turned it off was a bugger....is that the same with yours...I changed the fuel pressure regulator and seems to have done the trick.

do a search I seem to recall there being quite alot on the subject.....be careful though you might end up barking up a lot of trees.

Yeah it's likely to be the immobiliser.

Have you got VAG-COM? I'll put money on there being a "Engine start - blocked by immobiliser" error present.

It's usually the coil on the ignition barrel that fails and you can check that in VAG-COM also. £25 from the dealer IIRC.

Yeah it's likely to be the immobiliser.

Have you got VAG-COM? I'll put money on there being a "Engine start - blocked by immobiliser" error present.

It's usually the coil on the ignition barrel that fails and you can check that in VAG-COM also. £25 from the dealer IIRC.

cheers.