Sign in to follow this  
krnau

bumper & duplex exhaust finished 8)

any comments are wellcome!

and about the hole on the right.... I had been thinking about shaving it, but maybe one day I need to be towed.... who knows!

Top job mate. What kind of exhaust tip are you having?

Personally I think a really plain unchromed 2.5" oval like oe but not at an angle and cut flush with the exit, like an E46 M3 but single oval instead of twin round.

wow! first reply after almost 24hr :lol:

thank you for your comment. I am going to fit a 4" exit on each. tomorrow I will try and end the job and next week I will give full dedication to the exhaust soldering etc.

thank you for your comment. I am going to fit a 4" exit on each. tomorrow I will try and end the job and next week I will give full dedication to the exhaust soldering etc.

I know you like my exhaust... :norty:

I know you like my exhaust... :norty:

:norty: :norty: :norty:

that looks pretty good, how secure is it? i wouldnt have 4 tailpipes though. 2 would look good - i wouldnt clutter up the corrados smooth rear end

that looks pretty good, how secure is it? i wouldnt have 4 tailpipes though. 2 would look good - i wouldnt clutter up the corrados smooth rear end

nono, it is one on each side ;) not 4!

any comments are wellcome!

and about the hole on the right.... I had been thinking about shaving it, but maybe one day I need to be towed.... who knows!

Good work dood, I was thinking of going the other way and completely smoothing the rear bumper with a custom exhaust.

BTW, if you need to be towed, you wont need the rear tow bar, but the front! :)

ur doing a good job there. i was gonna say the same about the towing, u wont need the rear one unless ur towing someone else. which i just plain wudnt do!

and as for hte exhaust tips, have you seen a 4" on a corrado? i have a 4.5" on mine and imo it looks rediculous. ill give a pic if you want.

ur doing a good job there. i was gonna say the same about the towing, u wont need the rear one unless ur towing someone else. which i just plain wudnt do!

and as for hte exhaust tips, have you seen a 4" on a corrado? i have a 4.5" on mine and imo it looks rediculous. ill give a pic if you want.

good work on the bumper there fella, but dont shave your rear towing eye - if you accidently loose it and bury it nose first in a ditch - thees no easy point to tow you out from!

o and yeah 4" is mahooosive - but i'd still like to see it as i have similar on my golf and think its way to big!

REAR.jpg

by being towed I mean, if I (unfortunately) had an accident an were catched under a truck... and needed to be pulled backwards...

yes, pls, post a pic of a 4,5"

but mine will be round, not oval. And I like big big big exhausts.......... :D the one I used to have in my C was a 120mm one :lol: the first time I saw it, I could only see a car attached to an exhaust s144.gif

I will know when I give it a full sandpaper, including the exit trim I adapted.. if it does not brake at that moment... I think it will be there for ever :o

anyway, I have tried to take it out by hand, and it looks consistent 8) 8) 8)

I have been thinking about some mods for my rear bumper... but, what could I do? Any ideas are welcome :D

143190720080911image0051-sm.jpg

when i first saw this picture it took a while to figure out it was just part of a bumper. :brickwall:

Thought it was one giant cut out for a massive exhaust :lol:

i must admit i thought the same when i looked at it quickly!!

anyway sorry i took ages but heres a pic of mine with teh 4.5" exhaust, personally i dont like it, gonna get it cut off and an oval welded on asap. but you can see if its your taste.

exhaust.jpg