Sign in to follow this  
jmig118

how fast you going???

Not sure about 60, but 80 is about 3200rpm on my VR6.

I've always though it is a bit high for a relatively large capacity engine....

Yeah but peak torque is up at 5000 ish rpm, quite high for a "relatively large capacity engine".

The VR6 gearing could do with being a little taller, if only for fuel economy on the motorway. It starts to suck petrol if you climb over 3500rpm or so..

My 2.0 Cavalier, on the other hand - 3000rpm in 5th was 96 mph!!!

(But then peak torque was 2600rpm ..)

Either your clutch is slipping or the gearing is lowered to reduce the top vehicle speed.

US spec G60's have 140mph speedos - UK spec have 160mph speedos

We don't suffer so many emissions restrictions as you.. :D

the corrado's were all fitted with 02A gear boxes However the gear ratios very from year to year and model to model, however the final drive for each model is the same as the year before etc etc.

becasue of gearing and your wheels etc always being the same, you will always do 60mph at a given rpm in a given gear, going up hill or down, its the amount you press the gas that changes.

becasue of gearing and your wheels etc always being the same, you will always do 60mph at a given rpm in a given gear, going up hill or down, its the amount you press the gas that changes.

Sorry Nigel, the :wink: was a close as I could get to a "tongue firmly in cheek" emoticon. Having said that, I sometimes de-clutch on the downhill bits, usually on the motorway when the petrol gauge has gone out through the other side of the red (why didn't I fill up at the last one when I had quarter of a tank left?).

David