Sign in to follow this  
davidvw

Wet front passenger foot well

Hi there new to the site, looking forward to using it and gaining knowledge about the corrado!!

My name is david and i drive a corrado vr6 on a"L" reg 93, i am hoping you guys can help me with a problem,

i seem to have a wet passenger front footwell, any help with causes would be very much appriciated, sometimes all the windows mist up so i am hoping its not the heater matrix as i had this problem in a mk2 i had, what a nightmare to do!!

Can i get it tested?? before taking it out?? please help...many thanks davidvw... :D

I have the same problem, the undertray on the passenger side is soaking wet after being left out in hard rain. SHould these things have a plastic cover in the scuttle area like the golfs did?

Nick

I have the same problem, the undertray on the passenger side is soaking wet after being left out in hard rain. SHould these things have a plastic cover in the scuttle area like the golfs did?

Corrados didnt get a full width raintray cover.

You need to check the seal on your heater vent thing in the rain tray (nr the ecu). Remove it and reseal with silicon or buy a new seal.

Other cuases of water in footwells are door membranes (behind door cards), crap replacement windscreen fitters and blocked sunroof drains.

You should sit in the car and get someone to spray a hose on and around the car for at least 5 minutes (cause it wont show straight away) and that should help you see where its coming from, otherwise you will end up replacing loads of stuff that you prabably dont have to.......I did this and found it was the door membrane.

In my experience you have to be patient otherwise it will drive you mad, because theres no real logic to how water can end up where it does !!!

Just to hopefully make you feel a little bit better, the heater matrix would more likely make the windscreen steam up when you turn the heater control to hot than make all of the windows steam up. That is most likely just the fact that you have damp in the car and the cold weather.

Good luck finding the problem! :scratch:

It could well be the seal around the leaf guard in the scuttle being knackered. There's a guide on the Wiki...

Cheers for all your help guys!! i am working on the problem,i think the best thing to do is to emigate with the corrado to some where it is nice and sunny n hot all the time!!!! :notworthy:

had exactly the same problem, The wiki fix that toad mentioned resolved the problem....few months later i had to change the matrix too, not an overly difficult job but one you want to do once only...doubt this is your problem but if you do decide to change the matrix at any point, in one of my threads I've posted a link to a website that sells the genuine matrix for approx £40..a lot better then VW which is £100 plus vat