Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

Late spec wings??

hi all i have a 1990 early spec c and wanted to no if late spec wings would fit ,i have 9*16 oz vegas and need wider front arches,as mine are starting to rust a little i thought swaping them for wider?? late spec would solve 2 problems in 1.,

also does anybody no how much wider late spec arches are??

thanks russ.,

They will fit but the panel gaps at the front of the bonnet and top of the wing might not work too well (Cant check right now) but the width is around 10mm.

Some of the join lines around the headlights will look a little different as the later wings are designed for the later style bonnet.

i have already fitted the later bonnet so should all line up now???

do the early bumpers line up or would i have to fit a late front bumper as well?/

thanks very much,

The bumper will not line up 100% with the late spec wings, but it's not that easy to notice. Not sure if it's the bracket thats different on the late spec models or the bumper. But the original brackets can be spaced out a bit (with washers of about 2-3mm thick) to make the wing and bumper line up a lot better.

thanks for the help just need to get as much space under the arches to get my wheels under i had them on a friends late spec and they just whent under so i thought late spec wings pulled about 10mm more would give me just enough clearence.,

The bumper will not line up 100% with the late spec wings, but it's not that easy to notice. Not sure if it's the bracket thats different on the late spec models or the bumper. But the original brackets can be spaced out a bit (with washers of about 2-3mm thick) to make the wing and bumper line up a lot better.

Actually there was a period where 'late' wings and bonnets were used with 'early' bumpers, headlights foglights etc. So it is a factory original look and can be used that way.