Sign in to follow this  
Bups

Raddo R32, What are they like..?

Loved the old VR6

S3700008.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

Wondering if anyone has done a R32 in a Raddo and what are they like? Better on fuel to the VR6? The handling on them is spot on i know just thinking of getting a R32'd Raddo, any thoughts/information would be great and the main thing how much should i expect to pay for the above already converted??

Theres lots of info on R32 projects doing and very little on ones actually done. Bigpants baby has one done. If the other 24v motors are anything to go by its a different league to a stock vr.

Theres lots of info on R32 projects doing and very little on ones actually done. Bigpants baby has one done. If the other 24v motors are anything to go by its a different league to a stock vr.

Better..?

Id like to know too. Quiet and smooth with so much more low down grunt is what is said. Thing is I have also witnessed quite a few 24v cars get sold shortly after completion. Obviously peoples situations change but whats the story with these cars. A search will mostly find lots of build threads.

Ben, You'll get an answer in a couple of months when all of the current projects are completed..... :D

Thats true. Theres got to be 20, 24v builds on going and maybe 10 r32 types fighting the engine gremlins! Logic dictates that there should be some 24v car for sale in 6 months or so! I wish. I have yet to see someone put the later dials in a corrado dash to a spot on finish?

Thats true. Theres got to be 20, 24v builds on going and maybe 10 r32 types fighting the engine gremlins! Logic dictates that there should be some 24v car for sale in 6 months or so! I wish. I have yet to see someone put the later dials in a corrado dash to a spot on finish?

I would be surprised if there was 20 corrado builds with either R32 or 24v, I can think of a few finished, and several underway, but there aren't that many about.

Off the top of my head, there's 2 or 3 finished, about 6 underway, and 2 with engines bought but no spanners touched, and a couple looking to source engines.

not really had a proper go in mine yet, but its fully functional, and the power is in a different league to the VR. Engine characteristics are different too, a lot more low down torque, feels like a proper big engine.

I suppose if you put a schrick manifold on a VR you woul have the equivilant of a 24v minus 10 years development?

i am impressed. So impressed I might be selling the charger that i have to go on it.

I've driven a 24v corrado and I thought it was really pokey from idle. Very easy to waft along on the torque at low rpm, didn't give it much beans at high rpm though as it wasn't my car :nuts:

Id love to drive one, see what the difference is because driving it will be a whole different experience.

Thats the thing isnt it. The perk to it is the bit you only know when driving the thing. I dont think they sound as good as a vr. They should drink similar pints of petrol and are still heavy lumps of metal. A bit lighter yes. I want one. My brother had a 24v golf from new and it revvvved endlessly but it was in a totally different outfit and as such, no comparison. Just standard numb!

they had better be bloody good otherwise i willnot be happy at all :lol:

i'm sure bigpantsbaby would sell he's for the right amount as he has only done about 200 miles in it since the conversion :cuckoo:

Coullstar has got the 2.8 24V in his and has been hooning it around for a little while now.

Direct quote from his thread

Went out for the first "proper" drive tonight and point to point its way way faster than before. The engine just pulls so much stronger and its doesnt half sound good

The only trouble Ive had with my set up is the epc & engine light kept coming on due to the exhast flapper valve being missing,oh & the dbw pedal having bad connection.

Tis true ive only driven it 200 miles in the last 16mths :(

Carl, you should give the VAG doctor a bell, he's only in Bristol (and travels) and can sort out the ECU for you.

Coullstar has got the 2.8 24V in his and has been hooning it around for a little while now.

Direct quote from his thread

Went out for the first "proper" drive tonight and point to point its way way faster than before. The engine just pulls so much stronger and its doesnt half sound good

and its still the same. Everytime I get in it I think the same. As for the noise, its isnt the same as the VR but i think its better. Ive given one person a shot of mine who is a bit of a VR nut (has a VRT 6spd Rallye built about 10yrs ago) and he loved the noise.

Ive done about 2kmiles in mine now and the only minor gripe is that the filter does suffer a little heat soak plus the sump is a tad exposed but thats down to my low front suspension really. Oh and since this is in Ive though it would be a shame not to upgrade the brakes front and rear and get all new suspension so it does lead to extra spending.