Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

rwd corrado

im well tempted by the idea of a rwd corrado. its eventuallly gonna be that or 4wd, but dont really want the losses of a 4wd, and think a little bit of rwd drifting would be pretty cool, and a bit more exciting round corners than 4wd.

now my question is, would it be feasable to use teh haldex 4wd stuff to just power the rear wheels? and would i get the same transmission losses this way? or wud most of it be lost going from the box to the wheels?

any other ideas are welcome. i rather fancy a rwd corrado.

I think someone's done it with the Haldex by disconnecting the front drive. I *think* the system is then tricked into thinking there's no traction at the front, so shunts the power to the back. Bit of a bodge imo.

Also imo, the Corrado's wheelbase is too short for RWD.

There's 2 I can think of....one is from someone's avatar and the other is Lindy's (i think) big bodykitted beast.

Cant see the point in using the haldex ect and not bothing with the 4wd,all the work for nothing!

If i was going to rwd,i would swing the engine round,skyline box with syncro axel but custom mount for say a cosworth rear diff....that how i would go about it...lots of work.

thanks for the ideas. ill have a look for the others with rwd and have a chat. i know the haldex stuff wud be a bit of a bodge but itd be easier, and i can always pop in the front drive shafts and have 4wd if i fancy it.

i quite like the idea of the rwd corrado. bit different and the shape lends itself to rwd. but then with teh haldex i can go 4wd if i dont like the rwd handling.

so it is possible then?

Somewhere in this country resides a Audi-V8 RWD Corrado...

But not here or ED, try Vortex IIRC...

If you're referring to Mikki Jayne, she's in Devon AFAIK, and easiest to find on the tex.

iv messaged lindy and looked on vortex cant really find anything. can anyone think of anyone else on here with a rwd corrado? particularly if theyre running the haldex setup to do so. i wana pick their brains! thanks for the replies guys.