Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

Clifford alarm nonsense

Who here has the Clifford Concept range of alarms?

Mine seems to be a pain in the arse the majority of the time!!!! :mad:

I was rudely woken (as was the rest of my neighbours) at 4 o'clock this morning by my alarm going off (at least I know it will wake me). Went out (armed :mad: :mad: ) and there was nothing in sight, just decided to go off to annoy me I think!!!!

All day today when iv tried to arm my alarm its beeped 4 times at me instead of 2 which im sure constitutes a problem. Cant find the bloody instructions to check though.

Im beginning to regret paying 400 bloody quid on that piece of s**t. Its really pi**ing me off!!!!

DM

Sorry to hear that DM, I have a concept 300, it was fitted 3 weeks ago and have had no problems so far. According to the instruction manual if the system chirps 4 times it is 'armed but the bonnet or boot is ajar' or 'it could be a warning indicator to tell you a sensor is malfunctioning'. How long ago was your alarm fitted? If less than 1 year it may still be under guarantee? If not may be worth seeking advice from your local Clifford dealer. HTH :?

Was only fitted about 2 months ago

iv checked every possible sensor on it, boot, bonnet, door.... you name it, it just wont do what its told.

Glad someone has one that works ok, its concept 300 iv got, same as my mate "biggrim" hes got no probs either.

Bloody Clifford, should have went with Toad!!!

DM

Had a Toad on my MkII Golf 16v, that was a great system! If i were you I'd try to find your instructions or, failing that, get hold of the fitter who installed your alarm. It's only 2 months old so it's way inside the guarantee. :)

I have found in the past that a small black sprung loaded button (situated on boot/bonnet edges) can sometimes get dirty and cause the alarm to think the car isn't secure. Clean any parts of the sensors/pressure knobs with WD40 which also helps seal the parts against the elements.

My alarm after having a "long range receiver" fitted will also be triggered if a microwave is being used within a 20-30ft range!

Clifford is not as great as the name suggests but my system has mainly been very good.

AWARE: Some car thieves are practising in the "tap, run and return" method which basically has them setting your alarm off time and again over a short period until you get so p***ed off you disarm it only to let the b**tards return and steal your un-alarmed car!

I have the Concept 300. It took a week to "settle" with a few false alarms. After that, took it back to the fitter, to turn down the sensitiveness, as it went off everytime a lorry went by, pi$$ing me and the neighbours off no end. Since then, its been all good. (i bet i'll get false alarms forever now - Sod's law and all that)

sounds like the dodgy bonnet switch to me...mine used to play up in heavy rain, i altered the wiring to the pin switch,ajusted the opertaing height and greased it up...seems ok now

clifford can be troublesome,but i guess theyre as good a it gets...mine nearly caught fire with a toad fitted :cry:

I've also got a Concept 300 and it never goes off falsely but it's operation is very erratic. Sometimes chirps when armed, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes unlocks the doors and other times it won't. I rarely use the alarm to be honest, just the immobiliser. I think I need a new brain for it but it can be 'serviced' for £50 by any authorised Cliffy fitter.

One thing that can cause false alarms is the boot light. The corrado boot light switches are prone to sticking on, which will be seen as a current draw by the clifford ECU.

Kev

One thing that can cause false alarms is the boot light. The corrado boot light switches are prone to sticking on, which will be seen as a current draw by the clifford ECU.

ive got my boot light dissconnected due to false alarms

Same here. Is the boot light switch embedded in the latch box somewhere? Must get round to sorting that some day.....tis on the 'to do' list.

Kev

when you switch your ignition on the led shoul flash,depending on how many times it flashes this tells you what sencer was trigered.1 flash is the interior sencer i know that but cant find book at min to tell you what the rest are

Take it back to where you got it fitted mate (naming no names on here) and see if it's a problem they can sort. Could be something really simple (like you :p )

Dont get me started on Cliffords! ...I had a the old concept 50X about 2 years ago fitted by a proffesional installer. the brainhad to be changed twice- he did an excellent job of fitting the alarm but i will never have another clifford again- it was useless- my car had to go back to the installer several times- It used to go off in the middle of the night all the time (usually about 3 in the morning :mad: ) ive tried loads of different makes but clifford was by far the worst i ever had Cobra and Toad being the best.

My freind has a clifford 300 on his 3 series BMW and he's also having problem with that- the remote keeps loosing it's code and it keeps giving off false alarms and he's had the proximity sensor turned down.

I've got the concept 300 on mine, and yep in the 3 yaers it's been on, it's given me the odd headache. I've just had the bonnet pin changed on mine due to the same problem. Try spraying it with WD40, this worked on mine for a year but I had to go and get it replaced the other week.

The fitter told me it's a common problem with C's and golfs.

Go to the fitter and tell him to sort it, I'm sure clifford have a lifetime warreny??

You'll find it's to do with the bonnet switch getting wet. It confuses the alram, into thinking it's open. then when it dries out it thinks it's been shut. if any moisutre then collects on it, this can short the circuit again, leading the alram to think the bonnet has been opened.

Find a SEAT in the scrap yard, some have excellent bonnet swtiches that are weather proof, unlikt the cheap sh1t alarm installers choose to use.

My concept keeps on falsing too, really annoying me because sometimes it's 1 flash - the interior sensor, sometimes the bonnet sensor and now it's often the boot sensor, the glass break sensor has also caused a few false alarms. It's quite an old one so I'm thinking of having the whole thing ripped out and fitting a toad alarm with microwave sensors (to reduce risk of falsing) and maybe also proximity sensors.

Take it back to where you got it fitted mate (naming no names on here) and see if it's a problem they can sort. Could be something really simple (like you :p )

Oi.... Cheeky Bu**er :lol: