Sign in to follow this  
tombell999

mmmm... these electric supercharger thingys...

I still think its not worth looking into because to do it properly it will cost more than a mechanical driven charger. What's the cheapest, a drive belt or all the electrical equipment. I'd like to bet all the electrical equipment is more expensive, plus you have limited use (battery life).

I still think its not worth looking into because to do it properly it will cost more than a mechanical driven charger. What's the cheapest, a drive belt or all the electrical equipment. I'd like to bet all the electrical equipment is more expensive, plus you have limited use (battery life).

Designing and fitting a system is a commitment in its self entailing god knows how long developing such a thing. as far as cost i dont think it would cost much at all i mean were talking a powerful fan and thats more or less it, just bolt on as apose to mating a mechanical unit up to the cars auxiliry drive. the unit wouldnt run off the battery as the car will be running when in use therefore not using stored power. Btw were abouts in barnsley are you? :wave:

I don't know what your problem is with this electric supercharger guys. They are awesome. When I pulled a 392hp at the rolling road day in December last year, it was with 2 of these electric chargers in tandem. I lied about having a turbo :?

The advert is misleading. They actually make 1890cfm @ 200rpm, so there's plenty of boost available.

I don't know what your problem is with this electric supercharger guys. They are awesome. When I pulled a 392hp at the rolling road day in December last year, it was with 2 of these electric chargers in tandem. I lied about having a turbo :?

The advert is misleading. They actually make 1890cfm @ 200rpm, so there's plenty of boost available.

Nice 1! i love it! you got any pics mate?

Was reading some website a few months back (cant find url, will try again later) where some engineering student tested the results. Turned out it took 1s off his drag time! However, I think these only work when the throttle is fully open...I wouldn't buy one anyway!

Btw were abouts in barnsley are you?

I'm in Ardsley, don't tell me your local too?

You going to the CCGB meet on Sunday?

Try and link the website I'm intreueged! (can't spell it) :) well it's funny I spoke to my mate the other nite and said he's getting a proffesional electric 1 installed for £500 or summit and he reckons it's gonna add 50bhp I mean come on either he is seriously Lyin or the company is! I'll try find more about the website and give them a ring and see who's lying! Although he does have a calibra so maybe he was just tryin to prove something cuz he's scared of mine :)

Btw were abouts in barnsley are you?

I'm in Ardsley, don't tell me your local too?

You going to the CCGB meet on Sunday?

Ha ha ha! yeah im in Cudworth, im guessing there are a few of us then, lol. am gonna try and get down a couple of very kind users on here have invited me and gave me their number, but ive only been on here about a week and dont have a 'rado yet, im just finishing off my 4 year Mk2 Astra GTE project. Ive just come back from donny and got @r$eholed by a 'rado! he he.

Try and link the website I'm intreueged! (can't spell it) :) well it's funny I spoke to my mate the other nite and said he's getting a proffesional electric 1 installed for £500 or summit and he reckons it's gonna add 50bhp I mean come on either he is seriously Lyin or the company is! I'll try find more about the website and give them a ring and see who's lying! Although he does have a calibra so maybe he was just tryin to prove something cuz he's scared of mine :)

Hiya mate i think this is the link your after, its worth looking into http://www.kewengineering.co.uk/upgrade ... arging.htm

Whate engine has yor mate got in his cally?

yer that is kinda silly! you can tell he would have obviously got better marks for his uni project if it actually worked so he scammed it!! and scammed it badly aswell someone find his number so we can ring him and tell him hes a fraud!