Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Chavtastic or Worthwhile mod

So, as the title might suggest I'm in two minds whether to go ahead and buy such a bulb for my interior light. Would it look awful, or would it be a worthwhile mod that would make my interior look 'cooler'. I'm also intending - after Xmas - to change all my interior switches (electric windows/mirrors, headlights etc) to red.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQType2 ... &_osacat=0

By the way, which type of bulb do I require?

Cheers ez.

had a blue interior one of these a while back, was ok but you couldnt really see well in the dark, the W8/TT interior light mod is much cooler imo

i will be replacing my interior ones with WHITE led's just so they are a little brighter....blue ones loko naff and you cant see anything in the dark...

I actually love the original dingy cant see nothing seedy look of the original, no need for any fancy leds, no need for W8 mod and no need for any colour change.

Remember if it aint broke dont fix it, and its a corrado so also applies - if its broke dont fix it cos something will break too.

I've recently got one of these in white so you can actually see in the dark!

It actually has 10 LEDs (not 6 as mentioned in the blurb) and may save a battery if you leave the bastard on by accident,

less than 1w instead of 10w. :wink:

Bought better H4s (+80%) 8) and H3s(+90%) 8) for the front from there at the same time. :clap:

Passat W8 interior light for me :D . Loads of light when needed and a nice subtle red downlight glow in the cabin.

Not a fan of the red glow, too much like battle-stations in a submarine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woop woop... Now you see I like that, makes me feel like I'm on covert ops everything I drive it at night :nuts:

Not a fan of the red glow, too much like battle-stations in a submarine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woop woop... Now you see I like that, makes me feel like I'm on covert ops everything I drive it at night :nuts:

You saank my battleship!!! :lol:

Best 2 out of 3?

Has anyone else got a pic of W8 mod? It just looks a bit out of place against the JMC's black headliner is all.

I should have a pic when the headlining was lighter mate - will check when I get home.

The LED bulbs are :censored:

I bought one and it was awful... I put the original back in the next day.

Depends were you get them from I guess. They're not all turd!

Here we go - picture of the W8 interior light with the standard xoloured Corrado interior. To be honest you are better off retrimming the interior light and sunroof switch surround as the W8 light sits slightly proud of the surface. Hence what I did to mine.

You're right,

I can't think who I bought it off on ebay, but it had three or four LEDs on the bulb and was very dull.

The LED bulbs are :censored:

I bought one and it was awful... I put the original back in the next day.

Depends were you get them from I guess. They're not all turd!

i got white headlight bulbs and a free interior bulb i have it in atm but not as bright as my standards does look a little cool thou :)

Bought one of those interior LED bulbs and its a very good, non-chavtastic, white light however...the 'reading' light on the left hand side of the interior light is still old-skool yellow. Anyone know which bulb I have to get to make them match?