Sign in to follow this  
the delta force

Changing back to OEM rear lights

My girlfriend has recently purchased a 1994 VR6 which has crystal rear lights fitted.

I have a set of OEM lights that I was going to put back on today but noticed that the connectors are different.

Picture one shows a crystal clear light from inside the boot (twist and lock connectors).

Picture two is of the originals I want to put back on with one of the bulb fittings missing.

How easy is it to connect the cables to new clips? What work is required?

Any help appreciated....

Stefan

You might need the plugs from the wiring loom to the original rear light bulb holders.

I might have some of these knocking around.

If not, you can use spade connectors.

Bloody butchers whats wrong with people, buying cheap lights and then cutting off the oem plugs :nono:

I believe that's the only way to fit this type of lights. :(

Shonkey 3rd party manufacturers....

Bloody butchers whats wrong with people, buying cheap lights and then cutting off the oem plugs :nono:

Indeed the connectors that are currently fitted have been bodged in, just look at the poorly applied insulation tape.

After looking at all the aftermarket lights they really are very poorly manufactured from cheap materials in my opinion, all the shiny stuff tends to flake off and most of them suffer from water ingress. :cuckoo:

I know, I hate them. Will it be easy enough to do Yan? Slowly learning a bit more about the electrics on the Corrado and want to do more things myself.

Tom, if you find some, do let me know. Thanks

Indeed the connectors that are currently fitted have been bodged in, just look at the poorly applied insulation tape.

After looking at all the aftermarket lights they really are very poorly manufactured from cheap materials in my opinion, all the shiny stuff tends to flake off and most of them suffer from water ingress. :cuckoo:

Alright Stef I have the loom from the fuse box to the rear lights if you want I bought it from the rados in the scrap yard near me for someone that wanted on eon here but when I said I had it for them they didnt want it. You can have it for what I paid mate if you want.

Chris

I know, I hate them. Will it be easy enough to do Yan? Slowly learning a bit more about the electrics on the Corrado and want to do more things myself.

Tom, if you find some, do let me know. Thanks

Yeah not going to cause you too many issues, just need to make a good job of joining the two wires back together. Best bet is to mesh them together and then solder and finish by wrapping in insulation tape. Just twisting or even crimping tends to result in dodgy connections aftera few bumps in the roads and the last thing you want to fail is your rear light cluster on a foggy morning..