Sign in to follow this  
OwainMK1

Help with some Vr6 Q's ? Please ?

Hi guys, I've just taken delivery of my dentist's N-reg Vr6 rado that I've been after for over 10 years. Problem is its had a little shunt an it needs a rear axle, quater panel etc. I used to have a 16v J reg version, I was just wundering if there are any differences between Vr6 axles and other models, or are they all the same ? Also what other models are compatible with it (would mk2, mk3 golf shockers fit) ? I know the first rado's were based on the mk2 golf, but dont know much about the vr's ? Any help would be much appriciated.

Owain :D

You need all VR6 parts mate to do the job right.

Shockers from other models will fit but arent ideal. May be worth thinking of upgrading to some aftermarket coilovers?

agree with leonard, if i recall correctly the VR rear axle is slightly wider than other Rado's/MK2 Golf's. Shocks will fit but VR's weigh a bit more than other models so the suspension isn't setup for it.

speak to besian on here - he's currently breaking a VR

unsure exactly what he has left, but check out his thread - you might get lucky...