Sign in to follow this  
jimmyr

No idle when hot

Hi guys, I can't believe I have had my Corrado almost 2 years and have only just found a decent Corrado forum! Anyway on to the problem:

My 2.0 16v has developed a problem where the car starts fine from cold and idles normally. However if I drive for 20 minutes or so, enough to get the engine warm, then switch off the engine and return to the car within an hour or so, the car does not want to start with out revving and the idle point has gone - as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator it cuts out. This will carry on for about 20 minutes driving, when suddenly the idle point returns and everything is normal again. I have changed alternator arms and ignition leads etc but no change. My mechanic thinks it may be the electrics getting overheaded and failing, which would explain the problem only occuring when the car is warm. However if anyone has any ideas or experience of this problem your input would be much appreciated as this problem is driving me nuts!!

my brothers 16v had the same problem,found that the 5th injector was stuck open and flooding the engine,we ended up just dissconnecting the injector wiring,been fine ever since

Check that the idle switch is actually contacted by the throttle linkage when the throttle is closed. Sometimes the throttle cable is adjusted up too far and as a result the linkage doesnt close over properly.