Sign in to follow this  
sparks

out of tune ?? updated !!

hi people

i know its a werid one and im not too sure but can a G60 run out of tune as in running slighty rough its got the sns anti lag chip in and ive started to notice black soot on the exhaust when cleaning it is this the "norm"

it still pulls well and doesnt misfire at all so it might just be me

check the lambda wiring at the connectors that are attached to the rear engine mount, if any of them are broken it may be overfueling as there is no signal from the lambda, this would cause the sooty exhaust and make it feel a little restricted but it should still pull well on full throttle.

i might just change it anyway i take it the lamba sensor just unscrews out and a new one screws back in ???

yes but as stated above check that the lambda wire is connected and the wire harness is in good condition b4 you start replacing things.

yeah its usually the wiring to the top side of the lambda connector, not the lamda side of the plug, the wiring attached to the lambda is quite flexible so doesn't tend to break.

ok i done abit of checking around and found the lambda sensor cable plug tie wrapped to the back engine mount looks like the fixing screw is missing /broken (how does it fix normally looks like one side slots in a hole and the other bolts down to something ?)

right the problem i have is on removing the plug to check connections (which i found one of the pin sockets on the left hand side to be bent open maybe causing a bad connection to which i teased back into position and seems ok now )

the black cable which is the 3th cable in counting left to right pulled out on checking the other side of the plug i noticed the opposite side to the black cable is a brown wire which goes onto a ring crimp which connects to nothing i imagine it should connect to earth

will this affect the running ??

it started and run ok today after messing about with it so im unsure as to what the black/brown wire does is it just a grounding earth for the lambda sensor or is it a check cable to make sure the plug plugged in ?

the lambda sensor i have is the bosch item with 3 wires on and connects to a 4 pin plug

2 wires go to pin 1 pin 2

pin 3 is the brown floating ring crimp cable

pin 4 is the last cable connected to sensor

cheers for your help

stu ....