Sign in to follow this  
djmac56

Phaeton for 8 grand?!!

Hi Guys,

I know it's not the sort of car that we go for on here, but I've always liked something about the Phaeton - the fact that it tried to outdo Audi etc, is incredibly luxurious, and that some had the W12 engine. Although I've only ever driven small cars, I could make an excption for one of these - especially as you can lower it using VAG.com (apparently it has electronically controlled ride height), and whack some big LMs on it. Mind you - the stock wheels aren't bad!

Amazingly I found this on Autotrader:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/VOLKSWAGEN+PHAETON/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294962590-4294967159/advert.action?R=200851325566987&distance=6&postcode=kt15+2sa&channel=CARS&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=PHAETON&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2003&vehicleRegLetter=53

It's a 2004 model with only 45k on the clock. That's a helluva lot of cr for your money isn't it? I'm quite tempted!

What do the rest of you think of these cars? Sure they're more like an old A6 looks wise than the gorgeous passat CC which looks like a merc, but I bet it's a brilliant drive.

Mark

Do it Mark,

Great car! I really like them too, something about them being a flop makes me say "oh!" when i see one.....

I like them, wouldnt say no to one at all.

Wouldnt mind a black one slammed on air, smoothed and on some wide rims.

Did you see the Top Gear episode where he proved you cant make the windows steam up???

Wish my Corrado had that function

yep, definitely bargains but be aware that it will cost as much as mercs, beemers, porsches to run as there will be zero 2nd hand parts and vw will charge you 3x corrado parts prices for anything you need to replace.

assume that every single time something goes wrong it will cost you £2k to fix it and if you're still interested then go for it!! :)

Yeah - wait till you take it in for a service. There will be a lot of bespoke Phaeton stuff on it.. only certainly dealerships are allowed to touch them!

The reason these big execu-barges are so cheap is because once they're out of lease cover and warranty, no fecker wants the responsibility of the upkeep. I was browsing AMG CL55 Mercs yesterday on Autotrader for not much more money.. who wouldn't want one of those!!

Don't you have to be a Master Mechanic to work on these badboys too? Some of my mates work for Volkswagen and I'm sure you can't work on these if you're the normal 'vehicle technician'.

I've been in one of these and they are fantastic, although I imagine that despite the cost of buying it being relatively cheap the cost of running the car would be fucking expensive.

Yep, Master Technician only but most big dealers have one now...

master technician meens chuff all, a supposidly master tech helped my mate do he's wheel bearings on he's car, and 3 days later the bloody wheel fell off as he did not tighten the 3 bolts up on he's 5 stud mk3 golf