Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Rear bumper number plate recess

Right my rados been recently rear ended and awaiting repair!

The lady has said that she would rather pay then going through her insurance, which I dont mind, as long as it gets put right!

Ive always wanted to get the number plate on the bumper and fit a flat panel in its place by Mattig. This still retains the boot lock so there is always a way to get in if something goes wrong.

Mattig also do a rear fibre glass bumper with a recess, but Im un sure of the quality? Ive spoken to Geoff Skinner in Hastings, who painted the Golf + feature MK1 this month. He said he could graft a recess into the original rado bumper and also carry out the debadging. Im just asking if anyone on here has a recess in their rear bumper, and maybe get some picks up for me, or give me any comments?

I don't really understand the point of this...

The corrado is fairly unique for having a complete section dedicated for the number plate... it's not like smoothing it off and it blending in with the rest of the car, like on some chavvy corsa!

I do agree with Jon that it just seems a little weird and unbalance to have all that black on the back of the car with nothing-ness!

Sorry if that sounds a little negative :/

The car is sherry pearl, and the point was to keep the panel black, doesnt mean it has to be, and fit some black smoked lights. I do actually agree with your comments, but I feel as though it would work well with the colour, and be the kind of look Im looking for.

And it also comes down to the fact that if I like it, and it looks right to me, stuff everybody else!

I may not like it, I dont know, but Im going to go for it and see!

I'm not a massive fan but its something different and if you like it then ....

But, i think Lees looked better than that one

a20leee.jpg[/attachment:1hyds3bs]

I'm not a massive fan but its something different and if you like it then ....

But, i think Lees looked better than that one

a20leee.jpg[/attachment:2vhtgf06]

Yeah, that one looks like its in the original bumper, which Im probably going to go for, as it looks better lower down I think.

Yeah its better lower down.

Just found this for you, IMO it looks wrong with half of the lights missing, looked better with the boot open !!

rear1.jpg[/attachment:1fu3rsoq]

Ive just been looking through his old posts, WOW, thats one hell of a car!

As soon as I found a pic of the back with the boot down though, I thought......nah, dont like that!

But as long as he's happy, thats all that matters, and its different!