Sign in to follow this  
joinerboy

My corrado VR6 - progress

cheers neil i will have to check about the remote start.once i get the car together then i will get the whole alarm system checked.

Yes coullstar i have got the wheels. only the front 2 are fitted :D making stealing it even harder :lol:

the brakes system is nearly finished, when it is then wheels will be on and then i need to get the suspension set up.

So far here are the rears:

leftrearbrake.jpgrightrearbrake.jpg

new mk3 golf calipers and carriers. im using the standard discs again for now but will be changing for bigger soon. iv changed all the bearings though

New goodridge braided hoses, new copper brake pipes and new handbrakes cabbles.

i just need to tie back the abs cable now and fit 2 more clips on the passenger side to finish them off

ill upload pics of the fronts later when i get in from work

Lovely shiny new parts! I had Mk 3 Golf rear calipers on the back of my G60 as they're less prone to siezing than the OE Mk2 Golf based ones. Did you source your calipers directly from VAG or pick them up from a scrappie and refurb them yourself?

as its brakes i wanted peace of mind so didnt fancy refurbishing myself. GSF wanted the old ones in exchange for new calipers but vw didnt.so i sourced them from VW direct. jus gave them a coat of paint and they was done.. this project is already complicated so im trying to simplify it as much as possible :?

these are the best pics i could get of the wheels for now. when the car is mobile ill take some more

wheel2.jpg

Wheel1.jpg

rims arnt bling but they look really good on the car. im not sure whether to get covers to go over the bolts or leave them like they are..

there 16 x 7 MO compomotives ET30 .. they have 205 x 45 toyo T1R rubber on them

i wanted to keep the wheels small but needed 16s for brake clearance

The more I look at them the more I like. Thought the MO's only came in 6 spoke in the bigger sizes. AP's look brilliant as well. Sensible modding, well done.

update time :D im soooooo happy

i have final got the old girl sitting on all fours. gave her a (quick)wash and took some even quiker pictures. here she is: btw the green in the paint work is the reflection from the temporary cover i built

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

i have still got plenty to do. sorting out the ride height is first on the list. as you can see its a little low atm. then i need to bed in the brakes because they are rubbing a bit on the rears.

then its due for some tlc in the garage, then .....

awesome work , i'm just about to refurb my rear beam and fit new brakes hoses and lines on the rear, what did u use to put the new rear beam bushes in? lovin the rims and new ride height, good work 8)

Are those calipers a direct fit to the standard Vr6 axel ?

And is it the same for front brakes?

Any idea about the part number(s) and what price?.

Reason for asking is that I'm doing pretty much same as you at the moment, and I was thinking of sending mine to bigredd to get the overhauled and have polymer coating on em......

cheers guys

i didnt have the correct tool to fit the rear bushes Emkay. i just used a g cramp and plenty of copper slip :) it slid in easy enough

The rear calipers/carriers are from the Mk3 golf but they are a direct replacement to the originals. i will try and find part numbers for ya. price... alot from vw. refurb is definitely the cheaper option

the fronts arnt standard so they needed brackets but they came with the kit from AP. there was also some grinding needed to fit the discs and brackets to the bearing housing. well worth it though

Does this mean I should look into upgrading my brakes anyway or?.

(I'm about to get the standard brakes refurbished).....