Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Car names - sad and slightly creepy!?!

I really don't understand why anyone gives their car a name or comes up with some kind of living identity for it! It's a car FFS do you have a name for your kettle or your microwave?

I am a complete petrol head for want of a better term but I've never named any of my cars as I understand that they are purely mechanical and there is no need what so ever to have a conversation with it!

So, car naming does that make you creepy or can you justify this sick behaviour? Discuss! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuY1nO27Go

I'll try not to send Laura (scarlett) in the direction of this thread.. she might want to attack you ;)

all of my cars seem to of had the same name

usually only get called it when they break and its

F**ks Sake!

I'll try not to send Laura (scarlett) in the direction of this thread.. she might want to attack you ;)

Its deffo sad and creepy - thats why my rados all have names... :)

I do it because its easier than saying 'The Corrado' all the time, especially when theres more than one Corrado in the household. Plus having had 3 red 16v C's they need individual names so we can tell which is which. My first red one was Scarlett, the next was Ruby and the one I have now is Nola. I never really named my other cars, but my Corrados are a bit more special and precious to me so they get their own names. Daves new one hasn't been given a name yet as we may not keep hold of it that long - it's merely getting called the 'black one'.

:)

lol at the black one!

I can see why when you have a number of the same car that a name would help and I can't see you or Dave ever getting sexually attached to your cars :lol:

I still think some people take it too far sometimes... maybe I should come up with a name for my LCR and get over it! hmmmm think I'll go with 'money pit' :D