Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

abf lump in C

right, ive searchd through the forum but it brings up tooooo many pages about abf lumps etc and i cudnt find a definet answer to my question.

i have a 2l 16v corrado, on a 1991 J plate,

im after the ABF engine to go into the car as i like the engines,

i want to run it on the abf managment, does it plug and play into the back of the corrados fusebox? or is there major wiring to sort out,

chears

also any other fittting issues from people who have done it?

You may have to fettle the bonnet because the ABF engine is 15mm taller than the other 16V engines.

I can't answer your question on the engine management wiring but someone else will be sure to help you.

Best wishes and Happy New Year

RB

loom is plug n play, engine should bolt straight in, although i wouldnt want to use the abf mangement if it were me

done this conversion on my passat.

loom plugs straight in, although depending on what you do with the imobiliser you might have to solder one or two wires to power the immobiliser box, and put a number 30 relay in the right place in the fusebox to power the ECU. Also you might have to use the rear engine mount bracket off your 9a lump as the ABF uses a VR6 style subframe with the "swiss roll" rear engine mount.

Im using the Digi 3.2 management and it runs great with my P+P'ed cylinder head. 42+ mpg on the motoway too. I got a whole car and used the entire ignition housing and barrel from the donor car so I could keep the chipped key and transponder coil for the immobiliser working as VW intended- at some point ill re-tumble the door locks to match the ignition key but no rush.

If you use the digi loom and ecu, make sure you check all the loom over and repair any dogy wiring- especially where the loom goes behind the intake mani as the wiring for the TPS gets a bit flakey over time. Also the wiring for the crank position sensor gets crusty and may need renewing.

Not sure it's plug and play.

Doesn't the 9A have a K-Jet type injection system with a high pressure fuel pump/seperate lift pump etc. Not sure how the electricals would match up to the digifant ABF.