Sign in to follow this  
timthetinyhorse

brake/clutch question

a while back i posted a question about my clutch sticking down and it was mentioned that it could be linked to a faulty clutch slave or master cylinder, recently the car started to use large amounts of brake fluid and reqires topping up every couple of days, is the clutch system fed from the same resevoir as the brakes and could a faulty cylinder be causing this problem?

how big a job is changing the clutch master and slave on the cutch as this requires doing if the clutch isnt working properly anyway.

cheers

rob

If the slaves never been done I would do that asap befoe it knackers the clutch - if fluid's leaking onto the friction plate you will probably need to change the clutch too now but the slave itself is an easy job.

yes it is fed from the sme resevior as the brakes, if you look at your brake res it will have a braided pipe coming out the side and going down to the clutch master cylinder.

easy to swap the slave on teh gaerbox, but you might have to take some of the selector mechanism to bits to get clearance to actually remove it from the box.