Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

3.5 bar fpr group buy

Hi there guys just wondering if any of you lot would be interested in a group buy for a 3.5 bar FPR I ve been speaking to one of our suppliers about the FPR and they said they can do them for around £32 +vat the only problem is that they have to get them direct from bosch which costs £7 in courier charges each time, but if say 5 were ordered it would only cost each person an extra £1 or so. I want to do this mod myself so if any of you guys are interested let me know, it will work out a hell of alot cheaper than getting one from BBM.

Cheers

Ant

ill have one too cheers.

as i stated in another post im gonna meet a vortexer next week who has a mk2 G60 with SNs and 30#. see how that goes cos i hope to do very similar. ill let you all know as mine is still std more or less. see if they are as good as i expect.

Bananaman: I'd check with your supplier to see if they can actually get them. Reason is because i've been trying to get a supplier and Bosch UK have run out, Bosch Germany have to make another batch which wont be until end of march!! :(

I have however managed to get 5 Bosch 3.5bar FPR's which i'll have by next week. One has been sold already. £45 inclusive

I spoke to our supplier today and he said that they could get hold of them direct from bosch and that they had stock weather this is completely true or not is another matter, as I also spoke to Euro car parts who have had them on back order for the last month or so!!! The prices I ve been getting are £33 + vat from euros and £32 + vat at trade from parts direct which equates to £39 inc vat so If I can get hold of them then I'll ordera few!!

Yeah, the problem is that Bosch UK (main Warehouse) where all the suppliers get their stock from dont have any 3.5 bar FPR's left. They'll have to wait fro Bosch Germany to make some more.

Not sure if the ones from Euro Car parts are original Bosch, if so then they'll have the same problem. Ask your supplier to call Bosch and find out cos this is what i've been told by 5 suppliers. :shock:

Ahh I see I will double check tomorrow. Euro car parts use original bosch as well so thats why they haven't been able to get them then OH BUGGER!!! I'll have one of your FPR's off you for £40 :D

You'll have to let me see the difference it makes Munkay. Will that be your car back on the road 2moro or do you still have to wait for your charger to come back?

Pau1

Gonna have to wait till I get my charger back...phoned Jabba this mornin and it likely to be next week now. They said the charger was in fine shape tho...and that was with 104,000 on it :shock:

I'll let you know when its all sorted tho....I was hoping it would be this weekend tho :cry:

I'll Have one, but i need the part number to check the price here in spain as i dont see the point in getting it sent from the uk.

Sorry Guys but I have to ask what the hell is it? I've tried a few searches and even see this

G60: This chip is trimmed to run the G60 G-Lader with 30lb injectors to keep our beloved, original charger spinning faster than Dr. Pieche ever intended!. (This is currently being tested in Stage6 G60 with 58mm pulley)

http://www.snstuning.com/chiptuning.htm

Stage 6 eh!!!

But still can't figure it out I prepare to make myself look stupid but could some one explain in plain English

Cheers :oops:

Tony,

It's a Fuel Pressure Regulator runing at 3.5 bar. If you're running a smaller pulley and Stage 4 charger, and so on... It means the engine can be supplied with more fuel to run alongside the extra air intake that the smaller pulleys give. Hope this helps.

Pau1

Tony:

Like Paul said, most tuners use it as an add on but dont alter their maps for it so you'll get more fuel throught the range. We use it as an integral part of our chip since we've mapped the chip for the 3.5bar regulator. This means you get the most out of your injectors (and performance) and only use extra fuel when needed.

:D :D

Just to confirm what dubcharged has already said the 3.5 FPR isn't available till the end of march, my supplier hadn't checked to see if they could get em beforethey quoted on them!! BUGGER!!!

Yep, thought so. :( Like I said, I should be getting 5 next week, 2 already have names on them. The rest are to be sold with our Stage 5 Chip but if you want just the FPR then you'll have to wait another week or so till I can get a few more.

I might have found another source I'm not going to reveal it at this stage but it looks very positive at the moment so I'll let everyone know when I have confirmation!!!