Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

3.5 bar fpr group buy

Munkay Bosch Uk cant get them until the end of march full stop!!! I know they're a porsche 944 turbo part the Bosch #0280-160-263 but all the suppliers that I have spoken to have been unable to get hold of them apart from 1 supplier that has possibly got them on the shelf but I wont find out for sure until tomorrow so fingers crossed that they'll have them and at a decent price the only other source that have got them that I know of is a company in america who are a bit cheaper than BBM but you get stunned with the import taxes that way that will make them more expensive!!!

I phoned a couple of places in Scotland and they phoned me back saying they could get one from germany in 3 days roughly. My garage here seems adamant they will have one tomorrow or saturday

fingers crossed :/

BANANA MAN, Dubcharged, Im gonna see what i can get hold of from the bosch dealer here on the costa, there are loads of 944s here!!!

I ve managed to find a supplier for the FPR I can do them for £40 + Vat I have been able to get 5 of them to start off with and have 4 up for sale as I need 1 myself so if you want one let me know!!! :D

Nice one Banana Man. :D

Are you guys using these regulators with a map made for the standard reg??

If so, you'll simply be using a certain percentage more fuel throughout the range. You wont really gain much in terms of performance.

My advice is, get one, then get a map which is made for the 3.5bar reg to really gain from it. :p

im down for this, whats the update on this, im puting the new charger on with intercooler so the 3.5bar fpr and a remap would go really nice. let me know :D

Low G and endor71 Give me a bell on 07740482464 and anyone else who wants one to sort out payment details and things. I need tyhe money upfront by the end of the week as my insurance is due on saturday which is crippling me a bit so money that I ve spent buying the FPR's needs to be recovered quickly.

Dubcharged I ve got a jabba chip in mine at the minute which I will be changing for a mapable one as soon as I can afford it I'm buying the FPR first so it's done and out of the way ready for the custom chip and cam to go in, I know I wont get any gains as such until I ve sorted the fueling side of things but it cant hurt to run it on the jabba chip until I get the new one can it. You never know the jabba chip might work a bit better with the FPR on as it's a pile of sh*t at the moment not happy with it at all!!!

I just called garage and the charger is back from Jabba..sns chip pulley etc are to hand...but more importantly, they have a nice new FPR for me :D

Should be fitting it this afternoon/tomorrow so get C back tomorrow night, fingers crossed

Banana man: Who is doing your custom chip? Be warned that a custom chip from certain places is just a few load points tweaked, not a full remap as you may be told to believe :x

Furthermore, many "full remaps" are also just the standard chip tweaked at a few load points :?

Haven't decided yet Dubcharged maybe AMD as I have heard they are quite good with custom chips or maybe the sns chip but still haven't found enough people to give me feedback on them on how good they actually are I know you are gonna say that they are excellent but then again you are biassed as you work for them :D But as I have said before I am in no real hurry as plans have been put on hold until I have shelled out the £800 my insurers are robbing me for this year so I have plenty of time to make my mind up.

I ve got a question for you tho the power graphs on the sns website are they power at the wheels or at the flywheel for the no lag chip, I will have the by the time I get the new chip a 68mm pulley, 260deg cam, stg4 jabba rebuild, charge cooler, Isv re route, 3.5 bar FPR so that would be 5-3/4 chip the car is already putting in the region of 200bhp @ flywheel without the charge cooler, cam, and FPR what would you hazzard a guess at the power figures with a sns stg 5-3/4 chip be with everything on!!

The dyno's on the site show power at the Wheels. However, those are old graphs showing stage 4 performance, we've moved on quite a bit from there and our No Lag © stage 5 gives more power. I'm working hard on the new site for you guys to give you all the info and evidence of the No Lag © feature.

We are new in the UK which is why you won't find much feedback but we've been around for a long time in across the pond so you'll find ample feedback from the guys on the Vortex forum.

With your mods, i would say a stage 5 chip written for that FPR should give you in the region of 220bhp, possibly more depending on the efficiency of the cooler ad the amount of boost you get.

Haven't decided yet Dubcharged maybe AMD as I have heard they are quite good with custom chips or maybe the sns chip but still haven't found enough people to give me feedback on them on how good they actually are I know you are gonna say that they are excellent but then again you are biassed as you work for them :D But as I have said before I am in no real hurry as plans have been put on hold until I have shelled out the £800 my insurers are robbing me for this year so I have plenty of time to make my mind up.

I ve got a question for you tho the power graphs on the sns website are they power at the wheels or at the flywheel for the no lag chip, I will have the by the time I get the new chip a 68mm pulley, 260deg cam, stg4 jabba rebuild, charge cooler, Isv re route, 3.5 bar FPR so that would be 5-3/4 chip the car is already putting in the region of 200bhp @ flywheel without the charge cooler, cam, and FPR what would you hazzard a guess at the power figures with a sns stg 5-3/4 chip be with everything on!!

hey bananaman..........i wouldn't leave going to AMD too late....i've heard a wee rumour that they are going away from the older stuff for tuning and are going to be concentrating more on modern engine management systems(eg drive-by-wire stuff).....i'm booked in for the middle of april for a custom re-chip through my mates recomendations(he's used them on several vag cars without problems and good power gains)

hth

Roddy, dont Star Performance do the same custom re-chips as AMD? Just curious as they are a hell of a lot closer to you.

Roddy, dont Star Performance do the same custom re-chips as AMD? Just curious as they are a hell of a lot closer to you.

yes they are the agents for AmD up here in scotland but they don't have the facilities to actually make the chip specifically for my car,star will only get your ecu number and get AmD to do a chip that will match that batch of ecu's,whereas AmD will get my car on the rolling-road and and "blow" a chip specifically for my C's characteristics :lol: .....so it wont be a compromise....also the chip will cost the same the only extra will be the fuel cost but as i'll be swinging by mj-interiors to pick up my m8's anniversary interior 8) he's sharing some of the fuel costs too,but as we are setting off 5am-ish i cant make it past glasgow for my uncle,otherwise i would :(

Does anyone apart from Endor71 want one of the 3.5 bar FPR#s I'm getting hold of coz as far as I can see they are a great deal I need at least another 3 people to sighn up for one to get the price I ve been offered for them!!!

BANANA MAN, I will have one off you if you dont get them all sold, i dont need it yet and was going to get one from here in spain, but i dont want you to be stuck with them, so if you've got one left come april i'll have one.

Ok nigel no prob's I dont think there will be a problem selling them if I cant shift them I'll stick em on ebay and see how they sell on there!!!

Nigel - just give it all the usual ebay crap like "rare and no longer produced", "these are the last ones ever to be produced"

You'll get a couple of grand from those muppets i reckon!

Yeah that could work tom!!! :D Have you seen what the centre console gauge panels are going for on e bay they're hitting the £50-£70 mark and they only cost £7.50 from the dealer stealers but I think you'll be hard pushed to find anymore as I think they're all sold now!!! :(

By the time you've added the postage and shipping tax on you'll probably be able to get it cheaper from BBM as they are $69 I think and postage wouldn't be that much!!! Let me know tho as I would be more than happy to send one to you |I would have to find out shipping and all that before I could send one to you Iceman

Sorry,not up to speed on this.

Is it better than getting an fse power boost valve and what would be the power gains?

P.S do you have any left? :D