Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Another supercar track experience!

It was my birthday yesterday and my wonderful girlfriend has struck again with another track-day experience. 3 years ago (can't believe it was that long ago!) she got me a Ferrari 355 experience and this year she booked a Porsche 911 Turbo experience. Except it won't be a Porsche 911 Turbo...

To cut a long story short, they realised they weren't actually running the Porsche at the venue we wanted this year. I decided to pay a little extra and upgrade it to a 2 car experience - so now it's been bumped up to 4 laps in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and then 4 laps in a Lamborghini Gallardo..

April the 11th can't come soon enough! I'm counting the seconds! :) :)

Conveniently it's at the Prodrive Test Track near Kenilworth - so about 15 minutes from my house :) Result :)

Nice knowing I don't have to worry about the car breaking down and not being able to get there ;)

Ooooohhhhhhh you lucky lucky man. :tongue: Sounds like a wicked day out, happy belated birthday. :grin:

I have just bought a single seater experience at Silverstone for myself as it's on offer at lastminute.com for £119 when it's usually £169 which i think is cheap. It's basically in a formula ford with a 1.6 145bhp zetec lump but only weighing a few hundred kilos they are rapid, 5th gear raced one against a Ford GT :shock: I would love to have a go at a big supercar one some day but to me they are a lot of money and you only get few laps, on this single seater I get 2 20 minute sessions, first with pace car and second completely on your own to go as fast as you like :clap: so should be a good day I reckon!! I'm only going because my boss got it for xmas and was moaning about being on his own :lol:

Cool - have fun with it :)

I did get the choice of some smaller / lighter / faster cars such as a Caterham 7 and an Ariel Atom. But they're cars which, despite their ballistic performance, could conceivably be within my price range in a few years. Astons and Lambo's won't be hence why I decided to go for them :)

Cool - have fun with it :)

I did get the choice of some smaller / lighter / faster cars such as a Caterham 7 and an Ariel Atom. But they're cars which, despite their ballistic performance, could conceivably be within my price range in a few years. Astons and Lambo's won't be hence why I decided to go for them :)

Yeah that's exactly why I would still love to do a ferrari/lambo/aston one some day!

Brilliant hope you have a great day!

I would love to do a Lambo driving day.

A guy who writes for Evo mag has a LP640 and does airfield days where you can hammer it

Happy Birthday :D Sounds fantastic matey! Gotta have a go at one of these one day... Will be taking the RS around Castle Combe in a couple of months- not quite the same as an Aston or Lambo though! :p

My wife bought me the single seater experience at silverstone last year. Brilliant day out. The cars didn't feel that fast to me, then it's reletive to what's around you, it was the handling that blew me away.

Enjoy your birthday.

A belated happy birthday to you Jim.

I just had to google to find where that track was, I had heard of such wonders in that area but never bothered to really find out!

Looks like I might have to go shopping there!!!! :) At 6'6" would I fit in an Atom???!!! That is the question!

Jim - Happy belated Birthday

I would be looking forward to the Track Day too - especially in the Gallardo.

I drove one of these a about 2 years ago - it was one of the best cars i have ever driven and given the mony, I would be buying one. - That good.

Enjoy :)