Sign in to follow this  
Anton Sobriquet

Mk4 rear calipers with which carriers on '94 VR6?

I'm just about to send some Mk4 brakes off to BiggRed to get them refurbed and polymer coated. I've got Golf 4Motion calipers and carriers going on the front, for a 312mm upgrade, and Golf 4 calipers going on the rear with the Eurospec 280mm rear upgrade kit. I'm a bit stuck on which rear carriers to use. I've read thro' the thread on the rear Mk 4 conversion but I'm still stuck:-

Q1: Can I use Golf 4 rear carriers (which came with the calipers), or I should use the standard VR6 rear carriers with the 280mm upgrade kit?

Q2: If I need to use the standard VR6 rear carriers, does anyone know which Mk3 Golf ones they correspond with, ie Girling or Lucas (so BiggRed can order some in for an exchange deal and save me having to take mine off the car in advance)?

Cheers for help in advance.

Thanks for that.

I want to avoid taking my carriers off in advance of having the brake conversions done, because I need to use the car whilst BiggRed refurb and polymer coat the Mk4 stuff. Do you know which Mk3 rear caliper/carrier set corresponds with the standard Corrado VR6 ones? I just need to know whether they'd be Girling or Lucas ones.

You see, BiggRed will do an exchange on rear carriers but they don't keep Corrado specific brake parts in stock for exchange and they don't currently have any Mk3 rear brakes in stock. They said they'd got an order going in for Mk2s' on Monday and they can add/amend it to include a pallet of Mk3s', but they need to know whether to order Girling or Lucas Mk3s'. I would have thought the carriers would have to be the same irrespective, but best to get it right just in case there is a difference.

I suppose the simple solution would be to see which ones are fitted on the Corrado, ie Girling or Lucas, but I can't get to the car at the mo to check............

Can anyone help, please?