voo51

My Corrado 16v project .....Now breaking

It all started 5 years ago. I bought a Corrado VR6 and i loved it. It handled like a dream and it looked beautiful. However, the oil stem seals went on it and i was quoted over £2500 to get it fixed by several companies including AWESOME GTI. So, i thought i would just part ex it in for a new car instead, which was a big mistake! Since then i have owned quite a few cars including a 500bhp Supra which was amazing......

supra1.jpg

but, still in the back of my mind all i could think about was the class, style and charachter the Corrado has. So, in January 2008 i began looking for a project Corrado. ideally wanted a VR6 or G60 but couldn't find any in my price range. I did find a lovely 1994 16v in the blackberry colour which i desired. She was advertised as spares and repair, had 9 previous owners and had done at that time 172000 miles. I loved her!!

I drove her home 300 miles from wales with my RAC card to hand in case she broke down, but she didn't! She ran a little rough, was covered in rust, with accident scares and different colour panels, but non of that bothered me. I was so proud to be driving my Corrado! .......

corradopics062.jpg

corradopics056.jpg

corradopics053-1.jpg

corradopics043.jpg

corradopics039.jpg

corradopics042.jpg

In the past year i have done many little things, including new isv, new lamba sensor, re wired all the audio electrics, new light switch. Plus, clear side repeaters and red rear lights. I have also fitted all black plastic trims inside( apart from the dash board), fitted a heated leather interior(although i still need the looms), new steering wheel, new BBS LM wheels and tyres, had the majority of it fixed and resprayed, including having a new arch made as mine had gone completely rotten! Polished inlet manifold and rocker cover and all the bits that needed doing to get it road worthy to pass the MOT.I am sure many more bits i have missed.

02062008.jpg

Image056.jpg

Image093_1-1.jpg

Image135.jpg

Image141.jpg

I have been using my Corrado as a daily driver for the past few months but she is now off road as I have many more plans that i am sure many of you have already done, such as coilovers, finish getting the bodywork to A1 condition, some plans for the boot, de clutter the engine and get it all polished or chrome plated. Plus, find and fit the heated seat looms and fit my black dash board. I am sure there are many other things that i have forgot! But, i will keep you updated. I would love her to be a proper show car one day, but we will see.

I can not seem to find any decent pictures at the moment on this computer but i will update more shortly with a full list of everything that has been done so far....

Edited by voo51
new title

Im always amazed at the amount of folk that come back to these cars having had some serious other cars. Looking good. Little bit of work and it'll be looking mint. Your fair amount of bodywork needing done by the looks of it.

A list of bits i hve done o far....

Interior

All boot carpets changed to black

Black parcel shelf fitted

Rear strut brace fitted 6/04/08

Full black heated leather interior fitted 10/06/08

Back carpet fitted thoughout 10/06/08

Black center consol fitted 10/06/08

Re wired all headunit and speaker wires 08/08

Fitted new earth wire and light switch 08/08

Corrad loor mats fitted 3/10/08

Black A,B and C pillars fitted 7/10/08

New heater unit and dials fitted 08/10/08

Momo Trek R steering wheel nd bos fitted 16/10/08

Genuine corrado handbrake gaiter fitted 26/02/09

Silver tax disc holder fitted 26/02/09

Exterior

new o/s indicater plug and holder 10/2/08

New wipers 10/2/08

Both washer jets nd wiring replaced 3/3/08

All rub strips removed 14/05/08

Front bumper, bonnet andfront wings hadall dents removed and resprayed 2/06/08

New front N/S indicater lense fitted 06/08

New rear brake pads and rer o/s cliper fitted 16/06/08

7.5 x 17 BBS LM replias and tyres fitted 4/7/08

clear side repeaters fitted 5/7/08

All red rear lights fitted 08/08

fitted new roof rubber ends 3/10/08

Locking wheel nuts fitted 10/08

Passenger door handle fitted 16/10/08

Whole N/S resprayed with all dets ad dinks removed 3/12/08

New N/S fog lense fitted 03/01/09

FK Debadged front grill fitted 26/02/09

Cobra Bonnet bra fitted 26/02/09

Engine

Toad Aarm fitted 2/2/08

New O2 sesor and complete rewire 19/03/08

Front brake pads, disks changed 13/04/08

Front drop links changed 13/04/08

VR6 ISV fitted 27/05/08

New rear O/S and N/S brake pipe fitted 10/06/08

New front O/S brake fllexi hose 10/06/08

New coolant lid fitted 9/10/08

Polished rocker cover ad inlet manifold fitted 11/08

New coolant hose fitted 7/01/09

And a few more pics of it now, It does need a desperate clean, but i can't do it until the snow has gone!

Image1392.jpg

really like it, one of my favourite colours. pleasing to see im not the only one that keeps everythin that is done to the car well documented. good times!

Yes I am, but there is always more i want to do!

I would love some real BBS LM's, Just need a money making scheme! I am hoping to win the lotto soon!

I would love to put a TT dash in or a massive engine but because it has already been done - amazingly done at that! I have decided to just stick with standard. Standard dash, standard engine, but i want to completely recondition my engine and just get the Corrado looking clean and tidy. Plenty more to do yet.

Im very impressed with the progress you have made, well done you have saved a car that could have ended up being scrapped!!

You chose the best colour too :D

I fancy some of those LM's copies for mine

Nice work mate, did u polish the rocker/inlet yourself? Also, where'd you get the rear strut brace? :D

Its come on loads since I saw it in summer, long term projects take time, money and dedication. Carry on the good work :notworthy:

ps. thanks for the rear seat cards :wave:

Nice work mate, did u polish the rocker/inlet yourself? Also, where'd you get the rear strut brace? :D

I got the strut brace from the forum group buy. I think you can still get them from the Edition 38 forum.

I went for the easy option and bought the rocker and inlet polished, but I am going to have a go at polishing other bits in my engin

:)

Thanks Bruny, I am glad you are happy with them!

FK Debadged front grill and bonnet bra added. Also fitted a genuine corrado handbrake gaiter and silv er tax disc holder.

looks sweet now... 8) much Kudos to you for rescuing a somewhat rough example and getting it back into a very nice condition... :notworthy: :clap:

I have now bought some BRock B2 alloy wheels. 7.5 16 on the front and 9 x 16 on the rear. However, I have got to wait for my wheel adapters to arrive before I can fit them! Should be Friday. So excited!

Also, my fuel pipe and corroded to such a state where fuel pours from it when the car is running. I have tryed to fix it myself but the bolts are seized on too much so I have got to wait for my boyfriends strength tomorrow!

I have removed my rear badges and I am part way through removing my rear wiper as the Corrado is going in the bodyshop on April 13th to have the whole Offside resprayed, the rear sprayed with the 'corrado' holes smoothed out. The rear wiper hole will be smoothes out and the arches will all be flared to be able to fit my new wheels in!! :D :D :D

The fuel pipe has inally been fixed after much agro with petrol pouring out. I can now drive her again!!

I have now bought some FK wheel adapters and fitted my new Brock B2's. I love them!!! Also been preparing it for the bodyshop next week. I will be having the arches flaired to fit the wheels in, having the rear wiper smoothed and the 'corrado' badge holes removed/smoothed. As well as the whole rear and offside resprayed. So excited. Plus, I have some FK highsport coilovers to fit!!

Due to the wheels sticking out so far and this being illegal, I have been on the search fr Corrado wheel extensions, which I cannot find anywhere! So, I have just purchased some rear wheel arches and these are going to be welded onto mine to extend the arch out over the wheel. Just hope it works!

The Corrado is now going in the bodyshop on the 27th oif January. I will post pics of the progress when I get them. :D

Right, I have just got back from the bodyshop. There is going to be alot more arch work than I thought. The rear bumper and whole door to rear wheel arch is being bought out and arches welded on to ensure the wheels will be legal. They have also smoothed the rear wiper hole ober, sanded down the rear bumper and filled some dinks in the door. They are going to send me some pics in the next few days of the arch being built up. Really need a money making scheme!!!

looking good, nice to see that you stuck with the wheels! Will look amazing when done, thats for sure!

Thanks, I sure hope so! It took the bodyshop alot of persuading as I didn't want it to look like a kit had been stuck on. Guess we will see soon enough. It should be out by next weekend.