Sign in to follow this  
RaddoMan

9a throtle giving me gipp

Hi guys,

I have done a fix repairs to the cable , also i have a funny over revving kind of wavy at 2k rpm, push shut the swingging arm shut and down a bit it drops back to 900 prm nice you might think but if i restart up the car its back at 1.5k to 2 k rpm :censored: so i cleaned it out and its still there , so i end up starting my car doing the shut job on it then driving off .

it seams to be the shaft moving up and down and not letting the butterflys close up good.

hope you can help i am left with a haed scratcher

Raddo man

perhaps speak in english might help

so the throttle body butterfly isn't shutting properly? is the spring sat on right, have you tightened the nut too much making it harder to shut the final part

This useless forum member would suggest just picking up a known good 2nd hand throttle body (from a breakers or someone on here) and a new throttle cable / gaskets from VW. If you're other one is shot then it's going to take a lot of your time to sort it out - I just got a decent known good one delivered for £20.. I'd rather have just done that than dick around with a knackered one! :)

The position sensor was stuck mid Throttle when it was closed with dirt locking it up , it ticks over a dream now , revs come down sweet as a nut.

after I set up the position of the sensor .

So I Don't need a new throttle body , or to speak English , or the Corrado Forum to fix it .

A few harsh words there fella! I think folk were only trying to help you out but your firs post was a bit all over the place and i had to read it a couple of times to understand it :?

Anyway glad you got it sorted but i have to dissagree with you about the forum being useless. Its a great site and has been an absolute life saver to me & my lady we have 4 by the way, so stick around and you'll soon get to know a few folk :wink:

Yeah RaddoMan don't take it personally but anyone who writes a long sentence with no punctuation to make it read properly tends to get a bit of a ribbing, as do people who insist on using text speak.

If someone can't be bothered to express themselves clearly most people switch off because there's lots of people that can bothered to be understood with problems too.

Chill out and hang around there's loads of info available.

Sense of humour helps :wave:

I don't use text speek M8 :lol: .

Sorry my English is not so good , I must of ranted that lot out(1st post).

Its sorted , and all i did was strip it down , and took off the sensor the dirt was so solid it looked like part of the sensor .

this is the frist time I have asked for help , where I should of just went out and fixed it like I normaly do .

ah I misunderstood your :camp: ?I must make :camp: Freinds?

I must of ranted that lot out(1st post).

It certainly looks that way :lol: :lol:

Did the problem suddenly occur then or had it got progressively bad to a point you noticed/were bothered by it.

Sounds like it had been cacking up for some time if the dirt looked part of the sensor!

It's always nice when it's an easy and Cheap fix. :clap:

I looked back and it had a this problem 10 years ago before I owned it :cuckoo: , even logged in but did not take it off or try to look at that part, it was tight as hell to get the sensor off the Throttle body and setting it back up took some time.

Its been doing my head in for ages , its like driving a bad child one minute fine the next rev's at 3 k when you stopped at the lights :?

even the previous owner said about it .

it was a cheap fix but not that easy taking the Throttle body for a few times then setting up the Sensor .

It even drives better .

in the summer it was not to bad .

I can stop :scratch: now .

and i have fitted a usb HU with the usb slot in a switch blank on the dash , blapunkt stuff goes so well with the corrado dash.

one sorted valver

I like the idea of a USB HU or one with Bluetooth from my n95, Bloody HU is fine though and can't justify the expense just yet. Old Alpine cassette one with cd-changer, but the changer has started skipping a bit ......... after 9 years :lol:

yeah i find they do last :D , its just great putting in a usb 16gb stick with 15 albums at top rate 320kps.

I have sitting here a pioneer DEH mp3 disk player , its not a bad unit just never fitted right in the hole would stick out 5-6 mm

i think that might of been where the rca amp outs are

USB head unit's are excellent.. no more piles of CD's in the glovebox. Just a pen drive with loads of music on - brilliant!

its not a bad unit just never fitted right in the hole would stick out 5-6 mm

Have you tried hacksawing off the little metal bracket at the back of the dash/HU slot?

Would make a difference if it's still there!

it is and no f...ing way man :D , the new one sits flush all the output's on the blaupunkt are on the left of the unit , might post a pic with how i did the usb socket ( its not in the HU) like most are.

Raddoman