Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Cheap & Cheerfull machine polisher? Advice appreciated.

Thinking of buying a cheap and cheerfull machine polisher for the C and after some advice? :help:

Found a post from last year with a few good comments about this one from Halfrauds: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165640

Have got a G60 with the metallic grey paint with too many battle scars, so not looking for something to 'show and shine' standards, but would like to take some of the harshness out of the scratches, swirls, few spots of overspray, etc. Got the meguirs 3 stage but have read I would need something a bit harsher if I want a deeper buff out of the swirls, would Scratch X be too abrasive to use on a machine polisher and would the above be up to the job?

But mainly after something to save time and hopefully allow me to be able to polish the car a bit more often.

Any advice appreciated. :scratch:

PS. Have asked a few local valeters/bodyshops about a deep machine polish to remove the marks but all have said I would probably end up with a worse finish as its a metallic paint job. Is this right? :shrug:

Had one similar from there... Bag o Cr@p... no better then doing it by hand...

If you want to geta decent finish go for a Kestral or Megs one... pricier but MUCH better...check out Elite car care's site for starter packages. if you are lookng for polishers though get a random orbital as won't put as much heat into the paint...

As to the "worse finish because it's mettallic" Testicles... most of the swirls will be in the top couple microns of the laquer... don't get a bodyshop to do it as they allmost all leave "buffer trails"... have a look on ED or Detailing world for a local valeter to do it properly. Once done with the right washing techniques you can minimise swirling coming back...

HTH...

That looks promising on a budget.

Is the polisher a random orbital or does it just have variable speeds?

Complete novice with machine polishers. :scratch:

have a look at the machine polishers on cleanyourcar.co.uk they have a good

range of polishers i recomend you start out with a dual action polisher good results and

easy to use for a beginner