Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Someone crashed in to my car :(

Nice one mate, can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

Yeah i'm really looking forward to seeing it finished as well! :clap:

Bad news and good news, glad to hear its working out for you. Will be good to have some fresh paint for you to detail away on 8)

Result :) Hoping that, if that ever happens to me, I can get my car to Southam Bodies as they're very very well respected for work on Dubs and they're really local!

Keep us posted and pics when its all done of course! :)

glad you have got it all sorted mate and thats it getting done properly!! :D keep us posted with how it goes and get soem pics up of the work :)

It's booked in! :clap:

The insurance were starting to be barstewards, I rang them up to check progress and they said that they are concerned about the cars age so they need to send someone out to assess it! I dropped the car off at Stylehaus so Steve could go through it with him rather than me as I was at work anyway. And I had some more belting luck, the guy who turned up to look at it was an old mate of Steve's who used to work at VW and once owned a Mk1 Scirocco :clap: So he fell in love with the car, told the insurance company it uber rare and minty mint and it's good, it's gooooood!

So we booked her in, unfortunately not until the beginning of April as with the show season just starting Steve is a very busy man! But he's going to order a bumper in the mean time and do that so he doesn't have to hold the car as long. In the mean time I will do some other jobs to it that I need to do to refresh it like bearings, brakes, ball joints etc etc and then start the R32 after it's all repaired and back to minty mint!

I can't wait to see it when it's finished, he's going to sort out some bad areas which have bugged me for ages! I'm also getting the rear tow eye smoothed, the rear badges apart from the VW badge removed and smoothed and possibly the rear wiper hole smoothed but haven't decided about that yet!

great to hear the progress Rob - hope it all gets worked out for you soon. :D

personall yi would keep the rear wiper as i'd really miss it if it went, but that's just me.

can't wait to see the finished result! :D

That's cracking news, I'm glad it's getting sorted for you (with a couple of bonus bits thrown in)!

Cheers,

Tom

glad its worked out well for you, what would that chances be of the insurance bloke being a vw nut aswell :D