Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Early or Late headlights?!

I'm currently bidding on these, however I don't know whether they are for an early or late VR6 and I really need to get rid of the awful LHD ImPro items I have.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Frontscheinwerfer-Sc ... 240%3A1318

Any chance if someone could tell me just by looking at the photos? If not then I'll have to contact the seller and blag the best of my very limited boxhead. :gag: I'm also assuming that the G60 and VR6 had the same style headlights?

Cheers chaps. :)

I beleive that the early style lights sit a bit further back towards the windscreen, and the later ones were flush with the grill.

Whats wrong with your inpro. I beleive all inpro's are set when they leave the factory to be left hand drive, but they cab be changed to right hand drive with a screwdriver ( I have had to do this for the three sets tahat I have had in two different Corrados). Do you really want to go back to having a couple of candles to see by

Cheers

Woody

I beleive that the early style lights sit a bit further back towards the windscreen, and the later ones were flush with the grill.

Whats wrong with your inpro. I beleive all inpro's are set when they leave the factory to be left hand drive, but they cab be changed to right hand drive with a screwdriver ( I have had to do this for the three sets tahat I have had in two different Corrados). Do you really want to go back to having a couple of candles to see by

Cheers

Woody

Er nope, all headlights should sit flush with their respective grills as long as you have the correct grill/headlight combination.

The lense and headlight surround changed when they face lifted the front end, the grill, headlights, foglights, indicators and bumpers. You can have a car with late style bonnet and wings but with an early set of headlights etc.

The Inpro headlights that I currently have are good, especially with the Phillips Xtreme bulbs I've got, however they look very out of place with the car, unless I were to change all the lights on the car to more modern cystal versions...however, thats not something I wish to do.

As for changing them to RHD, I believe that you can 'flat beam' them (as you can with lots of modern car headlights), however since March 2008 that has become illegal over here and you have to have 'full' LHD headlights.

My concern is that I've ordered a set of early headlights for my late Corrado model :confused4: