Sign in to follow this  
White2505

not the usual heater problem!

okay so I'm looking at what I think is a busted heater box still in situ in the car.

It looks like the ducting that comes from the front of the heater assembly that goes to the centre dash vents has come away from the heater assembly.

When I looked closer at it there are 2 bolts, one either side of the ducting that bolt the ducting onto the assembly.

It looks like there was some 'masticy' type gunk residue around what I initially thought was the break in the box.

With the bolts being there it looks like maybe the ducting is supposed be removeable.

Even with the bolts done up tight on both sides the ducting doesn't sit flush with the heater assembly.

does someone have a copy of ekta that can paste up the page of the heater assembly?

I think it may be that there was a sticky gasket that should be between the two parts which has fallen apart overtime. :shrug:

looks like I'm taking the whole assmebly out once I've finished nights this weekend! :gag:

unless someone has already had this issue and knows what the solution is?

Fantastic :clap:

I figured I was going to have to do some sort of 'Heath Robinson' type affair to fix it.

added to my list of niggles to sort when I've finished this weekends nightshift.

cheers Riley,

That's exactly my problem. This is why I've got warm air escaping from the heater box.

It's whats causing my dash instruments and vdo gauges and windows to mist up in the cold weather.

Mine was the same direction wise mate...You may want to check your coolant level/check for a leak if steam is appearing though? Could be the matrix gone?

May be worth modding the direction cog too, see the thread above where there are pics i think.

Neil.

Cheers.

When it rains it pours! bloody motorbike went pop yesterday also :roll:

I'm replacing the matrix anyway whilst I've got the heater assmebly out as it seems daft not to.

Will do all the mods at the same time.

It will be just like having a heater system by the time I've finished! :clap: