Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

vr6 and g60 rad supports

The part numbers are only a revision appart so they may well be interchangable. One thing is for sure, the mounts for the chin spoiler and the main attaching bolts will be the same, there may be some clearance issues with the engine mount and the VR6 radiator is 630mm wide whereas the 4 cylinder radiators run from 430mm to 675mm wide, so the radiator may not fit either.

thanks,I have used the search to see if anyone has mounted a vr6 rad in their g60 but I didn't find any hits.

I basically want to run a larger rad.

well I guess ill have to suck it and see,buy a VR rad and sell it on if it doesn't fit.

thanks,I have used the search to see if anyone has mounted a vr6 rad in their g60 but I didn't find any hits.

well I guess ill have to suck it and see,buy a VR rad and sell it on if it doesn't fit.

You could always fit the wider aircon radiator for the G60 its a monster at 675mm and I think you can get them from various suppliers.

You could always fit the wider aircon radiator for the G60 its a monster at 675mm and I think you can get them from various suppliers.

thanks yan,thats a great idea. :salute:

I wouldn't go on the part revisions being just one revision different: I did that when I bought my mk2 Golf rad support and it's completely different (well, doesn't have the bottom apron and holes or supports for the PAS oil cooler to poke through), so I guess it's fine if you don't want PAS! Still got that POR-covered paperweight...

You may find the holes that the rad pegs 'sit' in are not quite where they should be too. My 2p (from experience!)

I wouldn't go on the part revisions being just one revision different: I did that when I bought my mk2 Golf rad support and it's completely different (well, doesn't have the bottom apron and holes or supports for the PAS oil cooler to poke through), so I guess it's fine if you don't want PAS! Still got that POR-covered paperweight...

You may find the holes that the rad pegs 'sit' in are not quite where they should be too. My 2p (from experience!)

True but given that the corrado items are for a corrado and the really critical parts like the inner wings and mounting points for the chin spoiler are going to be in the same spot it is likely that the only substantial change is the radiator peg holes given the different size radiators. I am not saying it will fit its just much more likely to than a Goof bit.

No, its not not.

You will want fan cowling part number 535 121 205, looks like its still available new, should be no more than £50.

According to ETKA you also need the following bits, right hand air duct for PG, part number 535 121 282 about £40 and the left hand air duct for PG (air con version so the wider radiator) is part number 535 121 283A.

No, its not not.

You will want fan cowling part number 535 121 205, looks like its still available new, should be no more than £50.

According to ETKA you also need the following bits, right hand air duct for PG, part number 535 121 282 about £40 and the left hand air duct for PG (air con version so the wider radiator) is part number 535 121 283A.

cool.I don't think i'll use the cowling.I am hoping that Crazy-dave can help out with a custom 9/11 bracket for a pair of spals. :)

Or if not i'll find another way to mount a pair. :)

Air duct for £40?! What a joke!

Yeah, that is a bit step but it is a reasonably complex bit of plastic and when was the last time anything on a Corrado that is made just for the Corrado was a bargin? :lol:

Air duct for £40?! What a joke!

Yeah, that is a bit step but it is a reasonably complex bit of plastic and when was the last time anything on a Corrado that is made just for the Corrado was a bargin? :lol:

They must been made out of kevlar.

I'm sick of the corrado tax.