Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

no compression, white smoke, G60

hay guys just seeing if any1 has had the same epxeriance. i changed my oil pump, spark plugs and coolent. took it for a drive, then got white smoke and the car (smell like burning oil) just didnt run properly

the spark plugs are covered in oil, and white smoke even from the spark plug, hole

its at my mates garage at the moe and he compression tested it and there is no compression on cylinder 4. so hes taking the head off.

any ideas people

thanks

paul

no we just bolted it in! as soon as the oil is put in the engine and turned iver it would then be covered in oil. What is the advantage of priming it?

thanks

paul

Not too much advantage in priming the oil pump really, just helps on start up but you get the same problem when you do an oil and filter change.

Sounds like classic head gasket failure, white smoke plus the loss of compression seems to point towards water getting into the cylinder.

yer i thought of it being the gasket and my coolent doesnt stay blue for very long! just a lil wierd for a metal gasket to go after a year from a engine rebuild!

Depends on the quality of the fitment, if its not a great job it wont last, the block/head may well have some corrosion too but given that it's only a year since you had it done and your coolant colour has been ropey it probably wasn't the best fit.