Sign in to follow this  
Adz The Rat

Magazine Reveiw From 1995

Just had an email from a friendly chap who has seen my car advert on Pistonheads and informed me that my car is the one used in a road test for VW Audi Car magazine in August 1995 and is on the cover!!

Tried to find a copy of it online but cant so have any of you good people got a copy or a link to it so I can see it?

Would love to see the pictures and read it.

Just had an email from a friendly chap who has seen my car advert on Pistonheads and informed me that my car is the one used in a road test for VW Audi Car magazine in August 1995 and is on the cover!!

Tried to find a copy of it online but cant so have any of you good people got a copy or a link to it so I can see it?

Would love to see the pictures and read it.

Cool, did he not have a copy himself? Do they still do the mag? It may be worth contacting them direct.

I haven't got that particular mag but I do have a book which is basically a collection of road test etc that involve a Corrado so I'll have a look in that later if you like. Might even be able to scan it in.

Well if you're car is on the cover of VW/Audi Driver then you'll be in rare company, as my own car was on the cover of the same magazine back in 1993 when it was Nothelle tuning's UK press car.

Sorry mate but it's not in my little book of reviews. Hopefully someone else on here knows something about it. :(

Here you go - proof. The car in the article below is the one I've now owned for 3 years. It's on a different registration these days, and is thankfully no longer on those appalling Zender wheels.

It's also a lot more dented than it was...

I have this magazine so i'll take a look and try and post up some pics. I think the article is a great read and is kind of a homage to the VR6 and basically concludes by saying that they wont be available much longer so go and buy a piece of motoring history :grin: or something like that.

Its just arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well impressed, I feel like a proud parent haha

Will post up pics for you all to see when I get home tonight.

Quick quote from the article:

"The test example is a particularly quick one, even faster from a standing start than the modified Nothelle Corrado we tested in 1993"

My actual car was timed at 6.3 to 60, not bad that!!

Corozin sorry if that sounded as a dig at you, it wasnt!

Just re-read what I put and thought it sounded off, sorry!

Just was very impressed by that line in the article

:lol: Thats a strike Munyard! but in all fairness Adz i'm sure Corozin wouldn't mind as its a completely different baby to what it was then. :wave:

Just re-read what I put and thought it sounded off, sorry!

Just was very impressed by that line in the article

No offence taken at all. My "Nothelle" has long since been so heavily modified that the interior and the flowed head are about the only parts left from the car they tested in 1993. Indeed the observant amongst you who read the Nothelle Road test will have spotted one of the secrets of the car's performance : running 40 section tyres on 16 inch wheels... no wonder it accelerated well.

Today the car is a beaten up road/track day warrior. All the good stuff is hidden beneath the dented & mucky exterior :)

Indeed the observant amongst you who read the Nothelle Road test will have spotted one of the secrets of the car's performance : running 40 section tyres on 16 inch wheels... no wonder it accelerated well.

Today the car is a beaten up road/track day warrior. All the good stuff is hidden beneath the dented & mucky exterior :)

That is a sneaky move he he.

Have you got a link to your car mate would like to check it out

Matt

very cool mate! suppose the bonus of there being not many made means there is more chance of getting a famous one!

Indeed the observant amongst you who read the Nothelle Road test will have spotted one of the secrets of the car's performance : running 40 section tyres on 16 inch wheels... no wonder it accelerated well.

That is a sneaky move he he.

Have you got a link to your car mate would like to check it out

Matt

Nope, because there is no link. To tell you the truth it isn't at all special to look at. All the good stuff is hidden beneath!

I did promise BiggerBigBen to write it up for his Coupehaus site a while back but I still havn't gotton around to doing the words & pictures.