Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

Dont want my wheels to fall off...

I've recently fitted Porsche rims using 5x130 25mm adaptors, only problem is I now have no idea what the torque setting is for not only the wheels (using 19mm nuts) but also the 17mm bolts that hold the adaptors to the hubs..any ideas?

Going to the ring in a week so I'd really rather not be overtaken by one of my own wheels when I hit the carousel for the first time

Tom, assuming they're alloy adaptors and not steel.. I'd have thought same as standard Rado alloys would be fine for bothe adaptor and wheel?

Are you running M14 bolts on the wheels? As I'm about to go down this route and information is "Scetchy" about what size wheel bolts to use..

yep they're alloy so I'll torque them to the standard figure, don't know what that is off the top of your head do you? I normally do it by feel

also I was lucky that my adaptors came with the bolts and nuts needed so I didn't have to worry, only thing that did nearly catch me out is apparently boxters have different wheel nuts to the rest of the Porsche range, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon though to tell you more accurately

85lbft is the standard figure VW wheels get torqued to. Been using that for years and never had a wheel over take me :D