Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Problem with passenger lock!!

Chaps, I have a bit of a problem. Discovered yesterday that when I unlock the car using the keyfob, the passenger door won't unlock! Its the same, even if I use the key on the passenger side :cuckoo:

The door pin raises slightly, then falls and it just won't open no matter what I do! Is this a common fault? What can I do except take it to Volkswagen and get them to sort it out? :brickwall:

Cheers.

I have this same problem! Doin my nut in LOL

Drivers door wont open from lock or fey fob. Central locking keeps pulling pin back down.

Going to replace the pump tomorrow will let you know how I get on

Matt

Its working again now!! :brickwall: I don't know whats more annoying, it not working, or it working again now?!

Guess I'll take it to Volkswagen anyway to get the pump replaced, it can't be that expensive and at least it'll never happen again.

Its working again now!! :brickwall: I don't know whats more annoying, it not working, or it working again now?!

Guess I'll take it to Volkswagen anyway to get the pump replaced, it can't be that expensive and at least it'll never happen again.

Let me know how you get on mate i have been living with this for 2 years now! :brickwall: LOL

Dont be too sure about that :?

If you can hold a screwdriver im sure if you buy the part it'll be something that you could replace yourself.

find my thread i made recentely, i had this problem and it appeared that something just needed cleaning and greasing, my locks have been fine since

Central locking pump is very easy to replace. You will find it behind the carpet on the drivers side of the boot encased in a polystyrene box type thing.

There is one multi pin plug and a vacuum pipe to remove. There are quite a few different types of pump actually and you should remove yours and get a part number off it first. Count the number of pins in the multi pin plug as well as some are 8, 10,11 or 12 and make sure you get the right one. New from VW they are around £120ish. Go onto e-bay and search for Corrado central locking pump and you should turn up one for £20 - £40.

find my thread i made recentely, i had this problem and it appeared that something just needed cleaning and greasing, my locks have been fine since

Cheers mate going to go out and try this now.

If it works I will sack watching the rugby this afternoon and i will be round around 3ish to have your babies :grin:

Central locking pump is very easy to replace. You will find it behind the carpet on the drivers side of the boot encased in a polystyrene box type thing.

There is one multi pin plug and a vacuum pipe to remove. There are quite a few different types of pump actually and you should remove yours and get a part number off it first. Count the number of pins in the multi pin plug as well as some are 8, 10,11 or 12 and make sure you get the right one. New from VW they are around £120ish. Go onto e-bay and search for Corrado central locking pump and you should turn up one for £20 - £40.

Dude, can you elaborate on where the polystyrene box is? Is it under the carpet where the spare wheel is, or is it in the 'side' bit of carpet?

Dude, can you elaborate on where the polystyrene box is? Is it under the carpet where the spare wheel is, or is it in the 'side' bit of carpet?

Behind the right hand side mate.