Sign in to follow this  
MattWilde

MattWildes G60

After almost 4 years of being on here I think it's time to share some pics and history of my car, I'll keep it short as I'll probably do a full report for the sprinter mag :) but ask any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer.

Big thanks to Elie and Tom at Voodoo Motorsport, Darren and the team at G-Werks, Glen at Bucks transmissions, TSR for the diff and Eurospec for the engine and all the people on here for the info and help :salute:

sorry it's a bit lacking in pics, but as soon as it's finished i'll get it all washed and get some nice photos taken with the proper cameras at work

As it is now :(

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfEngine bits 05.jpg[/attachment:3q5gaih2]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfEngine bits 03.jpg[/attachment:3q5gaih2]

Engine bits 02.jpg[/attachment:3q5gaih2]

All the brackets, manifolds and rockercover are being cleaned up and powdercoated and the wheels are being refurbed too. I'm hoping for it to be all done for the AGM at Gaydon.

Just have the pain of bedding it all in to come, will keep updating as things happen and I get pictures

Cheers for looking :clap:

come on jon, it's only been a year and a half!! with interest that's a few lifts I owe you then :lol:

If I get chance this weekend I'll get to the garage and get some more pics too

I know, i'll get some more this weekend hopefully. But everytime I go to see the car I want to drive it, it's getting so close to being finishesd I'm itching!!!!!!!1111111one

The engine as it is now, looking pretty sweet

e.jpg

e2.jpg

e1.jpg

should be about 2 weeks for it to be up and running, so just in time for stonor :D

car? DAMN IT!!!!!! :lol:

Fingers crossed it's all done for Stonor. Might even have enough time to get a nice exhaust on there too :clap:

Why spoil that nice engine with a grenade. :shrug:

Aint nothing wrong with the G-Lader.. how many are out there vs how many are blowing up? Keep em serviced properly - no problem.

Nice work on the engine work - and an article for the Sprinter would be more than welcome :)

yeah, I actually like the G Lader for some reason :cuckoo: :tongue: and it seems in fine fettle but I might get Darren to have a look at it when I'm down there getting it mapped.

Jim, will you be at Stonor? I'm useless at writing things so could do with a chat to get some ideas for the write up if you don't mind

:ignore:

could not believe that happened!! got some bedding in to do before it gets mapped but I hope to get some decent pics of it soon to add on here. Car feels great to be in again and the engine feels sweet (below 3K rpm at least!!) and I should be at the Cow roast for the next meet for a viewage.

Engine in and fitted

th_CorradoEngine.jpg

Breaking in after the car alarm locking me out, the bit of bad luck for the day :lol:

th_Breakingin.jpg

More updates when i get some decent photos and can drive it properly!!

Well done for getting it this far. :thumbleft: What block is that then it's not a PG or 3A, 9A, 6A. :shrug: :scratch:

good question, as far as I know it's a PG with 82.5mm pistons and 114mm rods and a steel crank from an ABA (the crank bit I'm really unsure of, was a long time ago that I went through all these options!) But if that sounds wrong I can email and hope eurospec can remember :D

Just waiting for Rob at G-werks to give me a date for the re-map and I can then get some figures for a good pub debate :norty: