Sign in to follow this  
swiftkid

Brake lines and hoses

Im wanting to replace all the brake lines and pipes on my car with braided and some fancy lines (can't remember what they are called but apparently better than copper), just wondering where is the cheapest place to get them from. Demon tweeks want £86.00 for a full set of braided hoses but seeing as i've never bought any before not sure if thats good or not :?

seems a bit expensive,

not sure what's wrong with copper though? easy to work with a lasts forever :confused4:

I seem to be having to replace them everytime it comes to MOT time, there are some special coated ones that are pretty cheap for replacing them that don't wear as much. i may just be being dilusional again though...

get some Goodridge braided hoses to replace the flexy pipes with, and some nickel/copper pipe (it's got a special name, but I can't remember what it is!) to make up the fixed lines...

They'll outlast the rest of the car then... and if you use DOT5.1 fluid then you'll feel a positive difference in your brakes too... 8)

*EDIT* it's called cupro-nickel pipe... :? :lol:

yea thats what i meant, but as i've never bought them before i don't know whats a rip off and whats a sensible price to pay!

GSF lists it as:

99589 BRAKELINE KIT-BRAIDED Corrado G60 6 Line £52.50

Think £80+ is taking the piddle... ;)

Yeah - well worth the extra for the Kunifer (sp?) lines or even the painted VW ones - copper last about 2 years before it corrodes and seizes.

I'd go straight to Goodridge for the hoses as they can supply them with stainless steel ends unlike the GSF kits - again these corrode badly compared with the original VAG hoses.

Ahh yes, well were is the best place to get them from then?

so far i have:

euro performance: goodridge hoses with stainless steel ends for £96 , goodridge brake line kits with zinc for £77.

Awesome: goodridge s/s hose kits for £61

Go directly to Goodridge mate - usually cheaper and better service

Just tried that myself...they don't supply direct anymore. I was told to get them from demon tweeks or cam auto developments, the part number (for the 'normal' zinc plated fixing version) for a 1995 Corrado VR6 is: SVW1025-6P.

I'm not up for paying crazy prices, especially as the kit is new on eBay for £58!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Corrado-Goodri ... 240%3A1318

I caved in and bought the thing from Demon Tweeks, despite their 20% for online orders on brake hoses, it jumped from £58 to £73 when it included over £8 to post it to me and VAT!!! :shock: How much do they fucking weigh?!