Sign in to follow this  
bighands

Buggered MFA comp

does anyone know how 2 fix these? mine doesnt work at all, just wondering if there are any common faults and if u can buy some plug in gizmo to find out what the prob is? will it stop working if one of the sensors doesnt work? where is the 'brain'? cheers lads!

Mine stopped working for a bit, seemed to be getting power to it as it was still showing one 'bar' things that it uses to make up the digits. I was told to disconnect one of the battery connections and tap it on the terminal 7 times...and fugger me if that didnt fix it! :shock:

no idea why or how, maybe it needs 7 pulse's to reset itself? anyway, its worth a try!

yea i will try it fella! cheers, but im not holding out much hope!! hasnt worked since i have had it, 6 months, and there is nothing on the screen at all! sounding V expensive!

You can pick up new instrument clusters for not too much dosh on ebay or down the breakers yards. The MFA is in the cluster, so it's just a question of dealing with the fiddly job of fitting it and connecting all it's sensors and stuff. Of course, if you remove and re-fit your own, you might find it suddenly works! This kind of thing is often down to a duff connection somewhere.

cheers fella, this kind of thing happen often?? and the taking off the neg batt lead and taping it 7 times sounds good! gotta be arsed 2 get ma 10mm spanner out now! what are the chances of it working! why has it just stoped working all together!