Sign in to follow this  
borarob

my red rado - some new pics by the sea!

been on here for a while but not yest posted pics. thought i would now I have got it looking how I wanted. Bought it totally standard, its a poverty spec 16v with no leccy windows and no sunroof. Not done a great deal, lowered on coilovers, fitted a late spec grille and changed all the badges to black. Also replaced the spoiler mech as it was doing the up and down in stages thing. latest addition are its new shoes - 16x8 Rota Cups. You gotta have dish on a C!

100_0874.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0860.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0862.jpg

hope you like

glad you like

the rears were causing problems - the ET of these wheels is 35 so 8 inchesto loose inside the arches - not happening! inside edge was touching the coilovers - now spaced out 5mm.

well the 5mm spacers were not enough so rears ended up going out 15mm, now all good. might put the 5mm ones on the front to push em out a bit as i have a real tuck and poke mix going on at the mo!

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

at the mo I am refurbing the old sebrings ready for use as winter wheels - current plan is to do them gloss back with red lip. also picked up a complete set of OEM tail lights for £9 on the bay so am in the process of sanding them done ready for the all red tint treatment :clap:

currently well happy with it and think its gonna look even better with the red tails - getting lots of inspiration from the red rado threads on here and vortex 8)

hope you all like my direction

looks quality, i like your styling ideas, wheels look great and yes will look even better with all red rear lights ;)

thanks for the comments guys. there was real divided opinion amongst people as to whether those alloys would look good or not when I deciding which to go for. My other option was dotz mugello, nice wheels, but so glad I went for these.

thought i'd update this thread with my two little summer projects

decided refurb the old sebrings to use as winter wheels and have finished one of them! pretty chuffed with it - only 3 more to do :lol: (would of only been 2 more but the lacquer just went funny on wheel number two wo will have to flat back and start again - ho hum)

so first was the nitromors to get the old paint off

then sanded with 200 then 400 wet n dry and given a good clean, then tyre masked off

2009_0526misc0101.jpg

coat of primer

2009_0526misc0105.jpg

after a few more coats of primer and a rub down with 400 grit paper (used dry)

2009_0526misc0110.jpg

after 3 coats of gloss black they looked like this

2009_0526misc0116.jpg

then I wet sanded with 1200 paper and put my red pinstripe on

DSC00320.jpg

and the final result after 2 coats of lacquer

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

not perfect but good enough for winter wheels - just hope I can get the others looking the same :thumbup

and

the other project I have on the go is making some all red rear clusters.

so i got a cheap second set from the bay - in good condition but i think they had been top tinted previously as the amber sections were covered in old lacquer.

been following the guide on here and the one on the canadian corrado site

2009_0526misc0106.jpg

after that lots and lots of sanding with 800 to make them nice and smooth

2009_0526misc0107.jpg

look no markings!

2009_0526misc0108.jpg

2009_0526misc0109.jpg

should be painted at some point this week. can't make up my mind about leaving the reverse clear or not...

Good job so far, just take your time. I did mine half (top)-tinted using the same guide, came out really well - the key is all in the preparation work. I have a set of all red FK-crystals done leaving the reverse lights clear, look great. But am having another set of FK's done soon completely all red to see which I prefer.

I'd leave the reverse clear - having a red reverse light looks a bit weird on my all red rears. If I was to have a go at doing a set myself I'd definitely put some really thin pin striping in to help the orange of the indicators come through and, as you say, leave the reverse light unpainted.

Those Sebrings really have come out well... never really liked Sebrings but they look 8)

cheers - i was the same, always thought sebrings were ugly and wondered why the picked such a dull wheel for Rallye and corrado. Love them now though - i think the classic design of them has helped them to age well. Hoping the red and black look works on the car, anything will be better than subjecting my summer wheels to a harsh british winter!

was going to use orange LED bulbs for the indicators so don't think I will bother with the thin stripes. I am swaying more to clear reverse now...

All red crystals (prof. done) with reverse lights left for obvious reasons:

rears5.jpg

Standard rears, half-tinted using CC of Canada guide:

DSC01047-1.jpg

The red lights flash orange no problems using green tinted bulbs (or you can use orange LED bulbs, but you will need to run resistors as well to get them to flash at correct speed)

the tinted FKs look lovely. still can't make my mind up about the reverse though - think I might just accept the hassle and do thin stripes...

also found on ebay some guy selling pre-tinted all reds - look like quality finish and only £60 or so quid!

car looks awesome; deep dishes are lovely; and those standards came up beautifully - nice work; would normally hate black wheels, but the red detail will work nicely,

nice pics !!