Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

Audi Allroad

looking at chopping one of the cars in and getting an estate :cuckoo: just need something bigger and with a generous load area, god i'm getting sensible the nearer i approach 40 :(

was looking at BMW 5 series estates but there very common, audi A4 estate is even more common, then saw one of these going down the motorway and thought that would look nice with some nice big dished alloys (it wont stay standard for long)

plus the 2.7T can be mapped to get approx 320bhp and 415lb

heres one i found http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=51

so views please.

and no the corrado will not be getting chopped in for a bloody estate :lol:

its a lot of car for the money, and to think you could pay for it just by selling all the wheels you have sitting around unused :D

my sister and brother in law have one and they're smart enough on their own, but you dont see any that have had any "attention" and i reckon they would take a few tasteful mods very nicely 8)

My mates boss has an allroad and its been nothing but trouble. The suspension keeps going wrong. He's selling it as it costs fortunes to fix it.

Have a read on some audi forums before you buy one...

Looks like a good buy. Hope they arent too prone to problems, I could do with something like that myself!

Don't want to put you off, I'm sure plenty of A6's are fine, but my dad's Avant hasn't been trouble free, niggling things like a faulty aux air pump which is expensive, door regulators playing silly buggers and the rear wash wipe basically siezing, a few other hoses in places like the breather system collapsing, still it is on 130K now.

As far as the allroads go, dad has worked on a few and the model specific parts are very expensive, a couple of customers have had some pretty big parts bills on fairly young cars.

I still like all of the A4 estates, they're just not very big inside, whereas the pre 2004 A6 avant has a huge boot and great rear seat legroom.

i have heard of the trouble with the suspension, but was told that was on the newer 03 upwards models though, if the suspension started playing up then some coilovers would be fitted.

i'm thinking Allroad with a matt black vinyl wrap and some tasty BBS RS-GT's http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-BBS-RS-GT-STYL ... 240%3A1318

They would look sick 8)

Plus you dont need coilovers just do this :grin: http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=17937736

mmm, saw those wheels and the others they have the other night, that ebay seller might have a lot to answer for soon!

FFS Karl, get a grip :lol: getting near 40 :sleeping: give me a brake, get an S4 avant and stop pi$$ing about :camp:

Unless you have a real need for the quattro four wheel drive and all that ground clearance, then get a regular height Audi A6 avant. I had a 1999 1.9tdi estate, lovely reliable load lugger, I gave it to my sister and her husband, as they have 2 small children. If you go for the tiptronic autobox, give it a proper test (30 mins minimum) as when they get warm, they jump out of gear. There is an Audi fix, but it will cost you big.

Mmmm ok cheers for all the responses guys, i will look into them in more depth then, i was just intrested i an Allroad as there not very common at all.

and as for the S4 Bill, yeh i would have one tomorrow but the missus needs to drive it also, and she does not like driving fast cars.

looks like its gonna be one of these then http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=51

I'm not sure if it's the same on the A6 all road as the S6, but simple things like changing the lambda sensors are seriously stupidly expensive... a mate of mine has just done the lambdas on an S6 avant and the bill was well over a grand! The whole engine and gearbox needs to be dropped to get at the lambdas! :cuckoo:

I've heard problems with A6 all road suspension too... things like the electronics failing as well as actuators sticking as the suspension ride height is electrically adjustable from what I understand... :?

S4 Avant for the win... That's what my next motor is probably going to be... then an LPG conversion will be the first modification! ;) :lol:

yup same as said. suspension, i got a customer who needs a new bag and its gonna cost him more for this single bag than a pair from the states :( he loves it but its costing him a fortune already,engine wise it cant be faulted - this bloke got ridf of his alfa gtv for something that he didnt have to chuck money at every 5 mins so he aint over the moon as it stands! lol

330i touring? Or does it have to stay VAG?

while the BMW is a very good car, BMW estates are just soooo common so looking for something different, and yeh i know audi estates are not exactly rare but with some nice wheels etc etc thay just so much better than the BM's.

i have just been looking at the subaru legacy's also http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-SUBARU-LEGAC ... 240%3A1318

Aaaaargh cant decide.

330i touring? Or does it have to stay VAG?

while the BMW is a very good car, BMW estates are just soooo common so looking for something different, and yeh i know audi estates are not exactly rare but with some nice wheels etc etc thay just so much better than the BM's.

Oh right, i was thinking just the opposite :lol: Around the south you can't move for Audi estates, BM's are far less popular, especailly since Chris Bangle had his way with the styling.....

Mmmm i wonder whats wrong with it then??

Don't think there's anything wrong with the car as such... just that it's SORN'd at the moment and the guy isn't taking offers as I understand it.... he's dropped the price by at least a grand since I first saw the advert though... :?