Sign in to follow this  
Gaz154

URGENT HELP NEEDED what is this

i think the part no is 392 020 051

it's on the back right hand corner of the block two, of the coolant hoses go into it one on the bottom one on the side it was leaking coolant so took it off to investigate and dropped the bloody thing broke the bottom pipe spigot off i've got it glued up on the radiator drying but if it does'nt hold i'll be stranded anyone know what its called or if the part number is correct

HELP HELP HELP

etka didn't recognise that number, it doesn't look like a vag number to me.

Got more info for me to go on? Part number of one of the pipes going to it?

Got ETKA running for you

Gavin

theres a vw and audi badge on the sticker but thats all i can make out

one of hoses that goes to it comes off the bottom of the expansion tank

021 121 117A is the thermostat housing. I dont have a VR but it looks like there are two hoses on the expansion tank, the other goes to the aux water pump.

Gavin

its a long cylinder shape one outlet goes straight down other one off at 90 degrees

with a two pin plug on top

Sounds more like the aux water pump, mate.251 965 561B

Gavin

It is the water pump, difference of part number though. Try mine (from my car) and the one Gavin gave you and see which one it is at the dealer. They're about £50 I think.

K

i think it might be a pump of some sort its got what looks like an impeller looking in from the bottom

the body is metal the bottom pipe spigot bit is in black plastic

thanks for ur help so far guys

kevhaywire, think it could be the one you said the number is only the last two digits different

Yeah, go with that one mate. I read it off the pump in my car a few minutes ago.

Kev

cheers again for ur help guys the forum proves its worth again i dont know where i would be if i didn't find this place

scratch that last bit i do know where i would be at the stealers with a sore head trying to explain what i want and an empty wallet as well :D

Stealer will ask nearly £85 for that pump, IIRC... :shock:

StormVR6 paid about £45 from the dealer IIRC.

K

i know when mine went approx 18months ago...........the stealer wanted £114 :shock:

I paid just under £60 for mine in the summer (had CCGB discount too :) )- really easy to change too.

ETKA software is not for sale coz it's VW own thingy there prowd of LOL but you can get illegal copies off E-BAY LOL i was told that ETKA costs £4,000 for one dealer lience... b4 i got ETKA i knew the chaps in the VW dealer on a first name basis LOL and they knew and hated me !!!!!

ETKA software is not for sale coz it's VW own thingy there prowd of LOL but you can get illegal copies off E-BAY LOL i was told that ETKA costs £4,000 for one dealer lience... b4 i got ETKA i knew the chaps in the VW dealer on a first name basis LOL and they knew and hated me !!!!!

know the feelin m8