Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Zymol Cleaner Wax - superb stuff

I know it's not a particuarly new product but I bought some and used it for the first time yesterday and was very impressed!

I bought it on recomendation to fix swirl marks and take out some light scratches in the paint, I actually thought it would have to be machine polished with something more aggressive like the 3M stuff that body shops use but the Zymol has done the job perfectly, takes out all the scratches and polishes at the same time.

It's also a natural product and smells of bananas, It's £12.50 in Halfords but they currently have 3 for 2 on everything cleaning related

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... ber=234476

Some good reviews also here -

http://www.pistonheads.com/reviews/revi ... =52&id=246

Wierd... I bought some when I was in need of a wax and my valeting kit was elsewhere (at the folks)...

I personally couldn't get on with it, too much dust from all the fillers in it (and I did do it in v.thin layers, more dust than A-Glymm Resin), not a bad finish but didn't seem to last very long either... couple weeks max. But yeah does smell nice. Made by Turtle wax under licence too.

Now relegated to cleaning the mirrors in the bathroom (does a great job there!)... I use Colinite 915 Hard wax now... that gives awesome wet finish and lasted through the winter months with v.little maintenance!

But others get on with it like you have... :confused4:

LOL, I just read your thread about it Jon, also looks like Jim had the same problem on his red car when he used to use it all the time - maybe it only likes certain colours?

Good point about how long it lasts, obviously I don't know yet but even though it's a wax I was planning to use Dodo juice over it anyway or maybe use a paint sealant next time I do it...

I'd give it another go sometime just in case it was the wrong temp or maybe even the bottle you hads gone off? - being a natural product this could be posible I suppose

I used to love this on my G60, but for some reason just didn't work well on my 16v. It was a complete pig to remove, and was very dusty - and just didn't seem to give any noticable improvement to the finish on the paint. Autoglym SRP and the EGP seem to work great on flash red so sticking with that for the forseeable! :)

Nah will keep with the Megs stage 1/2 then colinite 915...

To give you an idea how good the Colinite is, here's a before and after shot..

Before:

02022009046.jpg

After:

DSC00055.jpg

(Night shot)

All I did was wash and dry the paintwork after the snow had melted as it had done 400 miles on salted roads before the snow came, and considering it had been frosty before as well, just came off so easily! Car had been waxed about 2 months prior as well!

I used to love this on my G60, but for some reason just didn't work well on my 16v. It was a complete pig to remove, and was very dusty - and just didn't seem to give any noticable improvement to the finish on the paint. Autoglym SRP and the EGP seem to work great on flash red so sticking with that for the forseeable! :)

Indeed they do work well on red Jim... Just add a good UV protecting wax over the EGP to help against the dreaded fade...

LOL, I thought you'd gone a bit over the top with the snow foam when I first saw that pic!

I didn't get any dust whatsoever but I was doing a panel at a time, working it in and then removing it straight away as the sun was out... Maybe it has gone off like I said or you bought a bad bottle, maybe give it a good shake and try it again?

As deviant said its full of fillers so it hasn't removed your swirls, just hidden them. As the others have said I've not had good experience of it either, very dusty and poor protection. Give it a good coat of wax and the finish will last longer!

Well brought it out of (Bathroom) retirement and used it on my neighbour's Navy blue Fester and worked ok on that!

So must be the Pearl Grey paint on mine it didn't like, or it doesn't mix well with other products I have used?

I've used Zymol Cleaner wax for a few years, I thinks its very good too. It may not be the ultimate if you're into showing etc, but its well above average, nicely priced, lasts ages and best of all smells lush!