Sign in to follow this  
RallyRaddo

Sorry, I test drove a Scirocco

Sacralidge I know, but couldn't resist the temptation.

Aberdeen VW Dealer has their Ex demo Scirocco 2.0GT up for sale. £23K I think they are looking for, a 58 Plate.

Now as my Corrado is unwell, I thought I would see what this new beast is like.

Yep, defo the type of car I would like on the driveway but think the 23K is a wee bit outa my price range this week.

Ah well

Kev

Eh? An ex-demo at more than list price? I'm assuming it's fully loaded - leather, etc?

And yeah - the Scirocco is a nice car. It drives well, looks pretty good, and is still reasonably uncommon on the roads.. what more could you want?

It obviously has the Aberdeen tax added though..

I saw it the other day and started thinking until I saw thr price.

According to the new scirocco forum there is quite a wait for orders so I guess if that car had the spec that was wanted someone might pay more to be able to have it right here, right now.

Seen there are quite a few listed by dealers on Pistonheads too. Again, only any good if they have the spec someone wants.

what more could you want?

Errrrm, the head gasket on my Corrado fixed LOL.

It's "Fully Loaded" & has everything anyone would want except the coffee maker.

Tip for anyone in the area that's reading this & considering buying it: The drivers seat runners are faulty as the seat don't push back fully & the "Automatic" light function is also faulty, cos in brilliant sunshine, the headlights were on.

According to the news, Aberdeen's not suffering the big R as much as the rest of the country, so who knows about the price. I may see what's in the bank next week after pay day...........

Kev

Christ you get payed well, cant afford it this week but next you might, £23k a week. Not bad....

23k........... :nono: OUCH.......... I would not pay that much for a car..But then again if you are in the position too then why not.. :clap:

I would like one, but only in Viper Green.

There was one in my local dealers in that colour, was only there for about 3 weeks and the parts guy said it was sold inside a week.

My 2p would be...

I tried the 2.0 GT on Good Friday, it was OK, but prefer my G60

Performance was good, but the car lacks character and the driving position was rubbish as is the boot access... Must be better cars out there for £22k